Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studwick/Ludwick.

Studwick/Ludwick.

How well do you think he will bounce back this season? I know he is a year older but I honestly bet he comes back with a .280 avg and about 25-30 homers. Thoughts?
    Steven, nothing is higher than an architect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Studwick/Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
    How well do you think he will bounce back this season? I know he is a year older but I honestly bet he comes back with a .280 avg and about 25-30 homers. Thoughts?
    .260/.315/.400 with 15 HR. That modest line will make him the team's 3rd best offensive player. That's a problem.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

bullseye (02-25-2014)

Ludwick is going to have a career year, it's pretty easy to notice. I think he'll hit 25 HR.

He said last year he was only allowed to work on his legs but since the offseason he's been working on his arm strength. He's in the best shape he's ever been in.

.300/.360/.520----studwick

At 36 I cant imagine him having a career year, but no reason he shouldn't have a solid year. id say 500 at bats .260/330/430.

He'll pull a hamstring at some point this year and have a lingering problem the rest of the year, meaning he is in and out of the line-up quite frequently and we see a lot of Heisey and Schumaker in left.

I want a stud but have a feeling we will be seeing more of a lud

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    He'll pull a hamstring at some point this year and have a lingering problem the rest of the year, meaning he is in and out of the line-up quite frequently and we see a lot of Heisey and Schumaker in left.
    This is my biggest concern. I think he can still hit, but how many at bats does he really get? I guessed 500 in my prediction and that may be best case scenario. Between scheduled rest and a couple DL trips Ludwick could play closer to 300 at bats by years end. Hope that guy can stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    I want a stud but have a feeling we will be seeing more of a lud
    As long as we don't see a dud, I think he improves the lineup.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-02-2014)

If he plays without a shirt you'll see a Stud.

I don't expect much from Ludwick. I see something along the lines of a .710-.730 OPS, maybe .750 if everything goes right.

He sure as hell won't be the third best offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    .260/.315/.400 with 15 HR. That modest line will make him the team's 3rd best offensive player. That's a problem.
    That's a pretty reasonable projection IMO.

Troubling about the 3rd best offensive player though. Oye.
    Hopefully we also see a little improvement from Cozart, Frazier, and Mez.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

I sure hope he plays well in the big games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Ludwick is going to have a career year, it's pretty easy to notice. I think he'll hit 25 HR.

He said last year he was only allowed to work on his legs but since the offseason he's been working on his arm strength. He's in the best shape he's ever been in.
    There is no way a 36 year old is going to have a career year. He will get that chance though. Hope I am proved wrong

I'd like to think Ludwick has a career year, but I'm focusing my unreasonable expectations on Frazier this year.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?