Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming

Re: vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm at a loss because I can't replicate this on my end (with everything disabled that would potentially block popups and/or ads). Is anyone else having this issue and only on RedsZone?
    checking my blocker's record, one is AdSense (from July), the other 66 are AdClick and MediaMoves (which appears to be a latino news website?).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

GIK and I both tried testing this with advertisements enabled and using multiple browsers (with block popups disabled) and are still unable to replicate the issue of popup windows coming from this site. If anyone has any suggestions on what we need to do to recreate it (to hopefully address the issue), please let us know.

Re: New Format?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Is there a way to tighten up the "Likes" area so that the names start on the line which says "Likes:"? Having them on separate lines creates a big bar which almost looks like the end of the page.

Great otherwise. thanks
    I've been looking into this, and unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make the necessary (assuming it's possible). I agree with you that the display would be better if it was consolidated into one line, but unfortunately, there does not appear to be any easy way to do that.

Ads keep appearing in the middle of Raisor's posts. Is he a bot?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'm seeing ads embedded in several member's posts. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    ironically, my phone service is embedded in your post. I think it's just part of VB4 or how AdSense interacts with VB4.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    ironically, my phone service is embedded in your post. I think it's just part of VB4 or how AdSense interacts with VB4.
    LOL. even more amusing, after replying to this, embedded in your post is an add for switching away from my wonderful phone service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Good question. For some reason, vBulletin removed one of the advertisement positions we used in vBulletin 3.8 (directly above the Quick Reply box), and the embedded in the last post was the closest available match to what we had before. I am trying to code a custom solution to put the advertisement back where it was in 3.8 and not embedded within a post (because I agree that it's overly intrusive there), but until if and when I can find a way to do that, we need to have some coverage towards the bottom of the page.

Re: New Format?

I've been looking into this, and unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make the necessary (assuming it's possible). I agree with you that the display would be better if it was consolidated into one line, but unfortunately, there does not appear to be any easy way to do that.
    This should now be resolved.

For all and intents and purposes, the standard "RedsZone" style is complete, so I'm going to work on the "Black RedsZone" style, as well as review all the suggestions that have been made in this thread. Keep them coming...

I think we need a grey skin too. Somewhere between the Red and Black ones. The hard black is just too hard on the eyes after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    I think we need a grey skin too. Somewhere between the Red and Black ones. The hard black is just too hard on the eyes after awhile.
    I'll work on that after the "Black RedsZone" style is back up and running. I took a detour from that once I realized I had to reinstall chat, too.

Chat is now once again installed and a link appears on the navigation bar (to the right) of "What's New?" and "Forum". Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be integration support between the chat program and vBulletin 4, so we've lost the single sign-on ability I believe we had prior to the upgrade. You can log in using your vBulletin / RedsZone credentials.

Let me know if you encounter any issues...

I'll work on that after the "Black RedsZone" style is back up and running. I took a detour from that once I realized I had to reinstall chat, too.
    Sweet, I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Chat is now once again installed... You can log in using your vBulletin / RedsZone credentials.

Let me know if you encounter any issues...
    First time ever logging into chat here and I'm told I've been banned.

Turn Off Ads?