Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Poker Thread

Poker Thread

The artist formerly known as "Dan" and I have been talking about poker over in the P/R forum.

I know there's a bunch of you degenerate gamblers on the board. Let's hear some stories.

Here's one:

I've knocked actor/poker player/weird guy James Woods out of two different tournaments. Once in Atlantic City and then again a couple of weeks later in Connecticut.

He's not a very good player.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Poker Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The artist formerly known as "Dan" and I have been talking about poker over in the P/R forum.

I know there's a bunch of you degenerate gamblers on the board. Let's hear some stories.

Here's one:

I've knocked actor/poker player/weird guy James Woods out of two different tournaments. Once in Atlantic City and then again a couple of weeks later in Connecticut.

He's not a very good player.
    I played in a home game with a guy who finished 37th in the WSOP main event one year.

The stakes and tournaments I play are too small for me to knock heads with anyone famous, though. I actually am not very good at poker either. (Bowling, on the other hand...)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Oh, and I did learn to play Omaha from a guy who made the final table at the USPC in Atlantic City in 2002. He ran an underground game I played in when the boom really took off.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

Raisor (02-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I played in a home game with a guy who finished 37th in the WSOP main event one year.

The stakes and tournaments I play are too small for me to knock heads with anyone famous, though. I actually am not very good at poker either. (Bowling, on the other hand...)
    The two tournaments I played with Woods were like 150.00 buy ins. Nothing major.

Poker is not a sport! I believe we had an aspiring pro around here (Felix?) who said poker is war.

8. Likes:

Raisor (02-24-2016)

Turn Off Ads?