Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

Well i'm hoping his transfer will lead to fewer losses due to IU beating itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Likes:

gilpdawg (07-17-2014),Razor Shines (07-14-2014),WMR (07-14-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    They're gonna need Yogi and JBJ to hit 3s at around 40%, and a BUNCH of them, to have a chance, IMO.

They're going to be outmatched down low against virtually every team in the Big 10.

I would like to know how safe Crean's job is at the moment. I don't see IU as an NCAA Tournament team next season, I wonder if he can survive that yet again...

What's his buyout after next season?
    I think Crean may be in trouble, but he's fortunate that the fans have not fully turned on him yet. If they don't make the tourney this year, and they may not, he may either be fired or on a super hot seat. I would be pretty surprised if Crean is the coach of IU basketball 5 years from now.

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-24-2014)

Could have a commitment on deck. Juwan Morgan, a 6'9" PF out of Missouri, will be making his college choice Wednesday night, after visiting Bloomington this weekend. Recruiting site 247 has him as 87th in the country in their composite rankings. Well regarded, and, by god, some size!

Inside the Hall story

Could be particularly good news in that it was thought that his AAU teammate Shake Milton, 80th in same rankings, was considering teaming with Morgan at the next level.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Could have a commitment on deck. Juwan Morgan, a 6'9" PF out of Missouri, will be making his college choice Wednesday night, after visiting Bloomington this weekend. Recruiting site 247 has him as 87th in the country in their composite rankings. Well regarded, and, by god, some size!

Inside the Hall story

Could be particularly good news in that it was thought that his AAU teammate Shake Milton, 80th in same rankings, was considering teaming with Morgan at the next level.
    Indiana it is.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/09...ts-to-indiana/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (09-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Excited about the commit. Lot of upside.

The closing line from the IndyStar story made me chuckle:
    Indiana does not have any scholarships open currently for next season. But Crean and his staff have always been willing to oversign to stay ahead of potential program attrition.

This is a strange story but the good news is Davis seems to be doing better.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...rash/18372399/
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Hope the kid is fine..........just fishy all the way around.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (11-02-2014)

Just a bad scene. When Dan Dakich is the moral authority of the program, your program is in a whole lot of trouble.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Just a bad scene. When Dan Dakich is the moral authority of the program, your program is in a whole lot of trouble.
    Does this incident added to the other incidents the last few years actually make Crean's seat warm? Personally I thik he has taken the program as far as he can.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Does this incident added to the other incidents the last few years actually make Crean's seat warm? Personally I thik he has taken the program as far as he can.
    Umm yeah. Now Stan Robinson and Troy Williams are suspended for failing a drug test. I'm trying to figure out the difference between this and the Kelvin Sanctions era. I mean other than at least Sampson won more games.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ed-drug-tests/

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-04-2014),Razor Shines (11-03-2014),Revering4Blue (11-03-2014)

Umm yeah. Now Stan Robinson and Troy Williams are suspended for failing a drug test. I'm trying to figure out the difference between this and the Kelvin Sanctions era. I mean other than at least Sampson won more games.

Wow. This isn't good. I'm guessing it was pot and personally I don't care about some college kids smoking pot from time to time but basketball players that do stuff like this makes no sense to me. They know if they're caught it will hurt their teammates but they do it anyway? To me it shows there's not much leadership and they don't have much respect for Crean.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-03-2014)

As for his seat getting warm? I've certainly been a pretty constant defender of him. But I'll be surprised if he's still coaching at the end of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Wow. This isn't good. I'm guessing it was pot and personally I don't care about some college kids smoking pot from time to time but basketball players that do stuff like this makes no sense to me. They know if they're caught it will hurt their teammates but they do it anyway? To me it shows there's not much leadership and they don't have much respect for Crean.
    Bingo.

I hear Gregg Marshall is fond of boring towns in the middle of nowhere, so maybe...

(And before you get too offended, be aware that I currently live about 2 miles from Coach Marshall in a boring town in the middle of nowhere)

22. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-04-2014),Razor Shines (11-03-2014)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

These past few days of events just leave me shaking my head. Where is Mike Davis when you need him?

Turn Off Ads?