Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 260

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued

  1. #31
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Another tough loss for the Crimson. When does the NIT schedule come out?
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    That game was winnable. Back to plan A: Win the B1G tournament. nbd

  4. #33
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That game was winnable. Back to plan A: Win the B1G tournament. nbd
    Yes it was. No Hanner, no Austin. Gordon and Howard? Davis looked great as did Williams.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  5. #34
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,326

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yes it was. No Hanner, no Austin. Gordon and Howard? Davis looked great as did Williams.
    I am liking Devin Davis.

  6. #35
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I am liking Devin Davis.
    I am too. He is going to be a fine player.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am too. He is going to be a fine player.
    I have a feeling he's going to frustrate the heck out of fans over the next couple of years.

    This is a great improvement in my expectations of him two weeks ago when I thought he'd be a non factor.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  8. #37
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I have a feeling he's going to frustrate the heck out of fans over the next couple of years.

    This is a great improvement in my expectations of him two weeks ago when I thought he'd be a non factor.
    Crean has to play him dude. That has been an issue this year.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Crean has to play him dude. That has been an issue this year.
    Could be. However, he's also been practically non-existent for the last two months prior to Wednesday night. To pin that solely on Crean is nonsensical.

    It isn't as if he was out playing Vonleh and Crean just refused to recognize the hidden brilliance.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  10. Likes:

    Razor Shines (03-09-2014)

  11. #39
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Could be. However, he's also been practically non-existent for the last two months prior to Wednesday night. To pin that solely on Crean is nonsensical.

    It isn't as if he was out playing Vonleh and Crean just refused to recognize the hidden brilliance.
    What is nonsensical is playing Howard over Davis for the last how many months? Has nothing to do with Vonleh. Howard over Davis? I must have missed Marlin's hidden brilliance as well, but Crean recognizes it.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  12. #40
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is nonsensical is playing Howard over Davis for the last how many months? Has nothing to do with Vonleh. Howard over Davis? I must have missed Marlin's hidden brilliance as well, but Crean recognizes it.
    Granted, Davis had proven to be a turnover machine until recently, but yeah, I agree, especially if you factor in the rebounds per minute and blocks per minute for Double "D"; both are very high.

    As for Marlin, he does handle the ball well and really doesn't make mistakes with it, so Marlin's minutes may well have been a by-product of Crean's over-coaching, due to the turnover problem. The trouble with playing Marlin, who can shoot, but is hesitant, to say the least, is that he was often placed on the court with two or three offensive non-factors, such as Howard, which made no sense, IMO.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pťrignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  13. #41
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    To be honest the whole team has been a turnover machine!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,199

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is nonsensical is playing Howard over Davis for the last how many months? Has nothing to do with Vonleh. Howard over Davis? I must have missed Marlin's hidden brilliance as well, but Crean recognizes it.
    Jeff Howard has played an average of under 6 minutes per game in the 23 games he played in. He's obviously limited, but has essentially been in the game to commit fouls and not turn the ball over. He's done those two things pretty well.

    Worrying about Johnny Marlin's 43 minutes of playing time this year is just looking for something complain about.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  15. #43
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Jeff Howard has played an average of under 6 minutes per game in the 23 games he played in. He's obviously limited, but has essentially been in the game to commit fouls and not turn the ball over. He's done those two things pretty well.

    Worrying about Johnny Marlin's 43 minutes of playing time this year is just looking for something complain about.
    HR......really? To foul and not turn the ball over?

    If memory serves me right he started getting minutes when CTC benched Hollowell. Ever since then he has been involved in the rotation and has been in there at critical times...even on the offensive side of the ball.

    Marlin has been in the same boat to a degree. He started seeing limited minutes in some crucial ballgames. 43 minutes or not he really shouldn't have been on the floor at all.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  16. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    343

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I am liking Devin Davis.
    I wish he was just a little taller. He's athletic and works hard, but he's undersized in the post. He'll be a lot more useful if he can develop a mid range game in the offseason. Either way, these last few games have been a huge improvement for him!

  17. #45
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    743

    Re: Indiana Basketball Continued

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I wish he was just a little taller. He's athletic and works hard, but he's undersized in the post. He'll be a lot more useful if he can develop a mid range game in the offseason. Either way, these last few games have been a huge improvement for him!
    Right now I would say he is a mix between a young Charles Barkley and A.J. Moye! We got 3 more years of him, I believe upon his graduation...Hoosiers fans will have appreciated him.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  18. Likes:

    dubc47834 (03-13-2014)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25