Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Indiana Basketball

Have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Thank you sir. Again as we were discussing at the end of the last thread, tonight's game is important simply because it's one they can't afford to lose. If IU is to go 8-1 or 7-2 at home, which is certainly within the realm of possibility, then it would only need to go 4-5 on the road. The Hoosiers already have 1 road win, but after tonight, its hard to pick out any specific games I'd feel comfortable picking with any certainty that IU wins on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I read earlier in the year that the Big 10 is not that strong top to bottom. The way conference play is going, it looks like a very balanced league, with some very good teams struggling on the road. Michigan State has lost two in a row on the road, Ohio State has lost two road games. I think the league is stronger than first thought, with some teams improving that once looked like also rans.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I read earlier in the year that the Big 10 is not that strong top to bottom. The way conference play is going, it looks like a very balanced league, with some very good teams struggling on the road. Michigan State has lost two in a row on the road, Ohio State has lost two road games. I think the league is stronger than first thought, with some teams improving that once looked like also rans.
    I agree. One of the reasons I picked IU to make the tournament at the beginning of the year was that I expected the league to drop off a little bit. But I don't think that's happened. If anything top to bottom the league is every bit as strong as the last few years.

By the way traderumor, I meant to respond to your comment about my blog post taking pot shots at other programs but the thread got carried away. If that's the way it came off, it honestly wasn't my intent. As you and others pointed out, Indiana fans sometimes have a holier than thou attitude about our basketball.

The point of the post was that if IU's fan base is in fact better than other fan bases, fans shouldn't be ready to give a senior the boot just because there is more talent coming through.

The pot shots at Notre Dame and Kentucky were 1)fun and 2) meant to show some negative perceptions of those fan bases that IU fans didn't want to become known for.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I agree. One of the reasons I picked IU to make the tournament at the beginning of the year was that I expected the league to drop off a little bit. But I don't think that's happened. If anything top to bottom the league is every bit as strong as the last few years.

By the way traderumor, I meant to respond to your comment about my blog post taking pot shots at other programs but the thread got carried away. If that's the way it came off, it honestly wasn't my intent. As you and others pointed out, Indiana fans sometimes have a holier than thou attitude about our basketball.

The point of the post was that if IU's fan base is in fact better than other fan bases, fans shouldn't be ready to give a senior the boot just because there is more talent coming through.

The pot shots at Notre Dame and Kentucky were 1)fun and 2) meant to show some negative perceptions of those fan bases that IU fans didn't want to become known for.
    Well as a Buckeyes fan, it is always interesting to see fans of other programs perceptions. But those type of broadbrush generalizations about fans of certain programs are just better left for lower level discussions than I think you desire to engage in. Not that you were asking for my advice, but I'm a fan, not a devotee.

Absolutely terrrible.

Absolutely terrrible.
    Ditto. They controlled most of the game and lose like that? This team is now in jeopardy of making the tournament. I realize there's a lot of time left, but man, bad losses are piling up.

Looks like the Bucks will be in for another road tussle Saturday

We are in trouble.

Stat geek...and proud
    Horrible loss. Just horrible. I'm disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Horrible loss. Just horrible. I'm disgusted.
    Don't give up yet boys...you guys are making good strides this year. You must have a 500 record in the league to make the tournament which is doable ...the win over my cats help if Indiana is on the bubble. @"
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Don't give up yet boys...you guys are making good strides this year. You must have a 500 record in the league to make the tournament which is doable ...the win over my cats help if Indiana is on the bubble. @"
    I knew I shouldn't have trusted Crean. I still wonder about that guy. (Did I open up an old can of worms?)

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Really even at 7-11 or 8-10, that would be 20 wins with 2 wins over top 5 teams.

It's hard to project though, they'll win if they play better than they have for the last 3 games, and I believe they will do that. I just don't know when.

Really even at 7-11 or 8-10, that would be 20 wins with 2 wins over top 5 teams.

It's hard to project though, they'll win if they play better than they have for the last 3 games, and I believe they will do that. I just don't know when.
    Are good wins better than bad losses?

Both of IU's great wins were at home. I don't know how the committee will view those two wins as opposed to the poor losses.

FWIW I think IU is playing just about the way I thougth they would. They are a high teens to low 20ish ranked team. Not as good as they were ranked but not as bad as they are looking now.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

FWIW I think IU is playing just about the way I thougth they would. They are a high teens to low 20ish ranked team. Not as good as they were ranked but not as bad as they are looking now.
    Exactly. I don't understand the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth in this thread.

They're still learning to win on the road. Nebraska is a bad loss, for sure, but they're gonna still be somewhat volatile throughout this season.

I don't have any doubts about Crean. This team will still make the tourney and as stated above probably finish the season ranked anywhere from 15-25.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?