Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Angels

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Angels

Looks like it's going to be like the NFL. Instant replay meaningless if they can't get the call right.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    What the hell?!? If you're going to do reviews you've got to get it RIGHT! He was clearly tagged on the knee well before he touched the bag. Pitiful. I hope they sort this out before the start of the season.
    You beat me to it. If you're not going to get it right it'll soon turn Into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    You beat me to it. If you're not going to get it right it'll soon turn Into a joke.
    How do you even go about not getting it right when you're watching a black and white tag in slow motion? And what is there to talk about for five minutes? That was gross and I didn't like it at all.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-09-2014)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

2-0 Halos after one heck of an AB by Calhoun.

Gotta run. Enjoy your lazy Sunday fellas.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

What the hell?!? If you're going to do reviews you've got to get it RIGHT! He was clearly tagged on the knee well before he touched the bag. Pitiful. I hope they sort this out before the start of the season.
    I'm wondering if the umpire didn't intentionally get that call wrong (it was pretty clear he was out) just so they could go through the motions of the instant replay. And then the replay umpire messed it up by saying he got the call right.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    How do you even go about not getting it right when you're watching a black and white tag in slow motion? And what is there to talk about for five minutes? That was gross and I didn't like it at all.
    No idea whatsoever. That was terrible.

Yea, those replays were botched.

Also, Costanzo is horrendous.

Barnhart has a nice looking swing.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Yea, those replays were botched.

Also, Costanzo is horrendous.
    yup and yup
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Looks like it's going to be like the NFL. Instant replay meaningless if they can't get the call right.

What did you suspect in the age of Budd Lite? I predict it will be like NCAA buckets. They'll take 10 minutes to decide if there should be 1.5 or 1.6 seconds left in a blowout, and then get it wrong.

I just wasn't made for these times.

14. Likes:

Red Raindog (03-09-2014)

Word on the internets is that the umps didn't have access to the angle shown on tv.

According to Marty and Thom, the umps didn't have access to the CF camera, which was the one angle that showed the tag. The umps after game said that if they had seen that view, they would have called him out.

In the regular season, the umps would have 12 camera angles. Today, they had three.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Like Selig, I'm in favor of anything that will make the games longer. Wondering how long it will take them to view 12 camera angles.

Because it's spring, the umpires had just four angles -- all from static cameras in the ballpark without zoom capabilities -- available to make the call. The fifth angle, which was from the Angels' broadcast, was not available at the time of the call, but came in later and showed the play was called incorrectly.
    Per Fay

Turn Off Ads?