Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 2014 season prediction thread

Re: 2014 season prediction thread

83-79 After a season where Walt Jockety sat on his hands he'll scramble at the trade deadline to get someone
    to help his struggling offense. To no avail they'll fall short of the playoffs and fans will call for Jockety's firing.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I think it's even worse than that. They're more like the Reds without Joey Votto. The NLEast has a good chance to be the worst division in baseball though, so I think that's a big factor in the Nationals love.
    The Reds without Votto are a triple A offense. I don't think the Nats offense is THAT bad. But like the Reds', it ain't real pretty.

I've soured on this team recently. I thing they'll be closer to 82 than 92 wins. Hope I'm wrong, but I['ve got a bad feeling that 0-1 i game back may be as close to first in the
    Central as we get all season (hope they go out and prove me wrong Wed & Thur

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    74-88
    Brutal

But this offense gives you that vibe

I'm going 85 wins

Not sure when we want to lock this up, but right now there have been 111 real predictions and a bunch of cop outs without an actual number. Average is 87.66 wins.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Brutal

But this offense gives you that vibe

I'm going 85 wins
    There are going to be a lot of games like today --of the 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 variety.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

8. Likes:

AmarilloRed (04-01-2014)

Cueto looked great today. If the pitching holds up like that odds are the Reds are going to win more than lose, more than likely quite a bit more.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

10. Likes:

villain612 (04-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not sure when we want to lock this up, but right now there have been 111 real predictions and a bunch of cop outs without an actual number. Average is 87.66 wins.
    88 wins at least gets the play in game. Anyone's game after that.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    88 wins at least gets the play in game. Anyone's game after that.
    Wish I could say that I haven't heard that one a thousand times since 2009...

Cueto looked great today. If the pitching holds up like that odds are the Reds are going to win more than lose, more than likely quite a bit more.
    Like last year, I think the Reds will have a lot of trouble beating good teams who have good pitching.

Without Choo, the Reds are very easy to pitch to. As the lineup is now configured, you throw tough righties. You pitch carefully to Votto and Bruce and bring lefties in against them close and late.

The rest of the Reds hitters won't hurt you that often against tough righties.

I'm not saying they have a terrible offense, it's not that bad, but you can neutralize many of these guys with good RHP and it then comes down to two hitters, which is usually not enough.

The Reds pitching is good - but against good teams with good pitching the ability to scratch for runs becomes critical.

Hamilton will help in some games, but generally just get past Bruce in the lineup, and you can breathe easy with solid RHP. (Pena is a switch hitter, sure, but I'm not counting on him for very much.)

Against weak teams the Reds probably have too much pitching and they will continue to do pretty well, especially when the pitching staff is healthier.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-01-2014 at 01:30 AM.

14. Likes:

mth123 (04-01-2014)

There's no Walt only Zuul villain612's Avatar

This.

Sure, I wish the offense would've played better yesterday but we were facing one of the best pitchers in the NL. That daunted Cardinals offense didn't exactly light things up either. Cueto et all, pitched a great game for the Reds, basically making a one pitch mistake that was the difference in the ballgame. As he says, if the Reds pitching holds up like that, they're gonna win more than they lose.
    "That ball is FAIR! Cincinnati's ahead 2 games to none!" - the last World Series game played in Cincinnati

16. Likes:

RadfordVA (04-01-2014)

Rough year IMO: 76 wins.

Turn Off Ads?