Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MLS 2014 thread.

Re: MLS 2014 thread.

Anyone see the ending of the MLS All Star game last night? Pep is a dbag.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-07-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Anyone see the ending of the MLS All Star game last night? Pep is a dbag.
    I had to go to bed to get up for work, but I heard on SiriusXMFC this morning that Pep wouldn't shake Caleb Porter's hand. Apparently he was upset about some rough play on the part of the MLSers.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I had to go to bed to get up for work, but I heard on SiriusXMFC this morning that Pep wouldn't shake Caleb Porter's hand. Apparently he was upset about some rough play on the part of the MLSers.
    He also tried to get his team off the pitch and told them not to shake hands with any of the MLS players.

It was really bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He also tried to get his team off the pitch and told them not to shake hands with any of the MLS players.

It was really bizarre.
    Totally classless. He said later that he didn't see him, which means now he is lying.

There were a couple hard challenges that probably shouldn't have happened, but they weren't terrible and had nothing to do with Porter anyways. I know Pep is a legend, but I lost a lot of respect for him with that stunt.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-07-2014)

Landon Donovan is retiring at the end of the season. I'm not shocked, but it is a little surprising. I thought he'd go for another couple seasons.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Landon Donovan is retiring at the end of the season. I'm not shocked, but it is a little surprising. I thought he'd go for another couple seasons.
    I get the sense that if you had told him back during his "sabbatical" from the game that he wasn't going to make the 2014 World Cup roster, he probably would have never come back in the first place.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I get the sense that if you had told him back during his "sabbatical" from the game that he wasn't going to make the 2014 World Cup roster, he probably would have never come back in the first place.
    I had a feeling Landon Donovan was nearing retirement. I believed he had questioned whether his heart was in it when he took his sabbatical. I think Klinsmann might have seen it when he left Donovan off the World Cup roster. In any case, he had a great career for the USMNT and the Galaxy.

On a side note, looks like LA couldn't get their deal done with Sasha Kljiestan. Sounds like the money was there, but MLS objected. I'm wondering if the real problem between the Crew and Mix and LA and Kljiestan had to do with clauses in the MLS contract rather than money.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I had a feeling Landon Donovan was nearing retirement. I believed he had questioned whether his heart was in it when he took his sabbatical. I think Klinsmann might have seen it when he left Donovan off the World Cup roster. In any case, he had a great career for the USMNT and the Galaxy.

On a side note, looks like LA couldn't get their deal done with Sasha Kljiestan. Sounds like the money was there, but MLS objected. I'm wondering if the real problem between the Crew and Mix and LA and Kljiestan had to do with clauses in the MLS contract rather than money.
    If I had to guess the story about Mix's Dad messing up that contract is true. When that fell apart Columbus used their spot to put a claim in on Sacha, he didn't want to play in Columbus and LA wasn't willing to make a trade to move up again so everything fell apart. Landon Donovan was so irate about not being able to play along side Kljiestan that he scored the game winner against Bayern and promptly annouced his retirement.

Yedlin is officially going to Spurs, but will finish the season with Seattle. Good move for him, I actually thought the transfer fee of $4M was a little low given his age, but that's the American discount I guess.

Great game by the Crew tonight. Started things off with a nice tribute to Landon Donovan, then take Donovan's Galaxy to the woodshed, 4-1. One of the best team performances of the season.

Great game by the Crew tonight. Started things off with a nice tribute to Landon Donovan, then take Donovan's Galaxy to the woodshed, 4-1. One of the best team performances of the season.
    Weird game for LA. They looked a step slow all night and had no interest in defending the midfield. Credit to Columbus for being aggressive and really being committed on defense. I hope that game was just some aberration because LA had been playing great this month up until that mess.

Another strong showing from the Crew with a 3-0 win over Houston. Justin Meram is really coming on as a player.

Looks like the Crew have sold Giancarlo Gonzalez to Palermo for a record transfer fee, at least for an MLS defender. I haven't heard the amount of the transfer fee, but it should go towards building a better team.

Also, the Crew have announced they will go public with a rebranding on October 8, 2014. Rumor has it the colors and the word Crew will remain, but the badge is on the way out. Some hints are that it will be a circular badge inspired by the Bundesliga.

Desperately overdue for Columbus, IMO. Their current badge/branding is really MLS 1.0, and it was pretty lame at the time. I'd have ditched the entire package and just gone with "Columbus FC" (or "Ohio FC" to capitalize on the Ohio State vibe) -- they could still be referred to as "Crew" unofficially, but I would leave it off the badge.

The other thing I'd consider: Moving them to a more interesting town than Columbus.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Also, Seattle is killing Portland at the half. Still worth watching just for the environment at the game.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?