8. Nick Travieso - Dayton
    9. Seth Mejias-Brean - Bakersfield
    10. Ben Lively - Dayton
    11. Jon Moscot - Pensacola
    12. Carlos Contreras - Louisville
    13. Tucker Barnhart - Louisville
    14. Chad "Sharky" Rogers - Louisville
    15. Daniel Corcino - Louisville

This is what I see happening, if anyone disagrees feel free to correct me. The toughest decision was where Ervin would be IMO.
    If somebody is gracious enough to give me a second chance, I won't need a third.
    - Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Projected Opening Day Starting Points for Top 15 RZ Prospects

I don't really disagree with your list, I even hope you are right about a couple of the ones that I have heard differently about.

It seems that Ervin may start in Dayton, and I hope that he does start in Bakersfield, or at least plays his way out of Dayton quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yorman start out at AA again either. But, I don't know either way.

I could see Lorenzen in Bakersfield working as a starter, although the environment in Pensacola might be better for him.

Lastly, I hope Lively starts out in Hi-A, the way so many college pitchers have before him. Especially with how dominant he was.

Lorenzen in Dayton rotation. Y-Rod at Pensacola.

Would like to see Ervin, Winker and Mejias-Brean skip Bakersfield, but they probably won't.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Would like to see Ervin, Winker and Mejias-Brean skip Bakersfield, but they probably won't.
    Yeah, especially SMB. I don't really know we have with him. And I'd rather just push him to find out quickly.

I'd give SMB, Winker and Ervin a half year at Bakersfield just to see everyone proclaiming them superstars when they tear covers off balls in the Cal air.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

7. Likes:

Drugs Delaney (03-27-2014),Old school 1983 (03-28-2014)

Agree for the most part. I would also see Lorenzen at Dayton. Lively may go to Bakersfield. It's hard to determine without having seen minor league spring games, but I would consider sending Corcino back to AA.

Lutz tweeted today that he is starting in Pensacola.

https://twitter.com/braunerhulk
    Last edited by klw; 03-26-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Yorman Rodriguez was optioned to Pensacola on March 12th. I guess that is no guarantee that he opens the season there.

Additionally, the club optioned outfielders Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez along with left-handed pitcher Ismael Guillon to Double-A Pensacola.
    http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._t416&sid=t416

NOTE: I read in another article that Yorman Rodriguez was optioned to Louisville. So, who knows?
    Last edited by texasdave; 03-27-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Where you are optioned really has no bearing on where you start the season.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Beyond just a Sept call up, what are the chances we see Yorman in Cinci this year?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Beyond just a Sept call up, what are the chances we see Yorman in Cinci this year?
    I will go with 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I seriously doubt it happens, but he had a couple very nice hits against Mil on Thurs. He's fun to watch.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Saw a tweet that stated that Phil Ervin is on the Louisville roster. Any truth to that? And if so, does it mean that's where he's going to start the season?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Saw a tweet that stated that Phil Ervin is on the Louisville roster. Any truth to that? And if so, does it mean that's where he's going to start the season?
    He is on the roster they posted, but he will be starting the season in Dayton.

If he wants to keep being awesome, and play like he should be in AAA, if not higher, that would be swell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I would not put too much faith in that roster as it stands. I see Mike Leake, Carlton Daal, and Joe Hudson on there as well.

Turn Off Ads?