Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's new at Great American Ballpark

Re: What's new at Great American Ballpark

Reds ‏@Reds 1h
    Chris Welsh is making sure the Reds Brewery District is ready to go for #OpeningDay pic.twitter.com/cZ7wSiH4MU
    Name:  Bj_xX6ZCAAASIvB.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  49.7 KB

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (03-30-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

so can you get german beer now at GABP?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I need to get myself back to the GABP to test out all those beers
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    so can you get german beer now at GABP?
    I think they've had Warsteiner for years.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

For Chip:

Javy kissing booth new for 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think they've had Warsteiner for years.
    I don't ever recall Warsteiner being offered. Are you sure?

This could be an absolute revelation to me.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I don't ever recall Warsteiner being offered. Are you sure?

This could be an absolute revelation to me.
    IIRC that's what Chip usually drinks at GABP.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

from all the (good) beer that comes from germany they chose warsteiner?! mhm ok...
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    from all the (good) beer that comes from germany they chose warsteiner?! mhm ok...
    The problem in Ohio, when you're dealing with foreign beers, is that you have to see what's available through your beer distributor. Warsteiner, Beck's, and St. Pauli Girl are readily available. Anything beyond that requires some digging. From my experience, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Germans have few national brands, as most people stick with their local or regional brewers. Across the border in Austria, Stiegl was big in Salzburg, but travel to Vienna and Gösser or Ottakringer were more common.

Of course, the Hofbrauhaus is right across the Purple People Bridge for some post-game festivities.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

• Reds & Kroger "Home Team" Bottled Water - Thanks to Kroger, 16.9 oz. bottles of purified water will be available for $4.50 at over 40 concession stands around the ballpark. Packs of 32 water bottles are for sale at local Kroger stores.
    Wow, what a great deal on the sponsored water!!!

I know every sports venue rapes you for water and I swear new stadiums try to make water fountains as nondescript and camouflaged as possible, but $4.50 for water is crazy to me. Make sure you give your "thanks to Kroger." When the guy wrote this article I have to imagine there was a smile on his face when he was 'thanking' Kroger.

And while I imagine the food is good, what in the world does any of that stuff have to do with Belgium of all places???
    *11xWSChamps

2011 World Series Champs... GO CARDS!

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    Wow, what a great deal on the sponsored water!!!

I know every sports venue rapes you for water and I swear new stadiums try to make water fountains as nondescript and camouflaged as possible, but $4.50 for water is crazy to me. Make sure you give your "thanks to Kroger." When the guy wrote this article I have to imagine there was a smile on his face when he was 'thanking' Kroger.

And while I imagine the food is good, what in the world does any of that stuff have to do with Belgium of all places???
    You know, you're right.... right off hand I could not tell you where any water fountain is at GABP. I'm think they would have them, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    They will be selling many local brews for which I can personally attest are quite tasty.

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
    Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale
    Lesser Path IPA
    MadTree
    Moerlein OTR Ale
    Moerlein Seasonal
    Mt. Carmel Nut Brown Ale
    Rivertown Seasonal
    Rhinegeist Truth IPA
    Thirty-37 Session Pale Ale
    West Sixth IPA
    Those look to be all ales...us Germans need a few beers too...oh well there's always the Christian Moerlein booths...

They do sell water outside GABP for $1.00 bottle. Also, soft-sides coolers are allowed so you can haul in your own if you so choose. That's what we do.

And yes, there are drinking fountains and sinks with faucets in the rest rooms.

Roy is a good husband and has hunted down a lot of water for the spousal unit over the years.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-02-2014),JB12 (04-01-2014)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Woah, let me get this straight: Four pounds of bacon (not to mention "the fixins") in about 20 minutes?!? Is this humanly possible?
    Pray for a 10 run inning.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have a soft side cooler under my seat stocked full of water, soft drinks, and snacks...all bought at Kroger for a whole lot less than ballpark prices. I might splurge for a brat though.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?