Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 254

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

  1. #76
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,347

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'd be with them if they banned polos tucked into shorts. Or just shorts on men. Shorts are for school boys who somehow befriend Godzilla, not grown men.
    I hate shorts says the guy who lives in the Haight... sorry you don't get a vote the fog is rolling in

  2. Likes:

    Rojo (03-26-2014)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #77
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You would then be required to wear a jacket at all times.
    Well, it wouldn't be a sleeveless onesie, obviously.

  5. Likes:

    Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

  6. #78
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be a sleeveless onesie, obviously.
    God I'm going to have to drink if I want to get these images out of my head.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  7. #79
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

    Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

    Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    It actually looks like a cool place to go to before a game.

    http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...rk_village.jsp
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  8. #80
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    9 times out of 10, when I go a Reds game, I wear a Reds logo polo shirt, your average white man Kohls style shorts, and either sandals or running shoes. And one of many Reds ball caps. I'm about as much of a white burb guy as you can get. I seem to fit in with the general crowd.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  9. Likes:

    Always Red (03-26-2014)

  10. #81
    Member tomnuetten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Freiburg (Germany)
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    the "village" looks pretty good on pictures... the rules on clothing are a bit too harsh but who knows if they are that strict in reality.

    no hats? really? so you canīt go into those bars with your baseball cap after a cardinals game?

    Iīll never go there anyway, canīt sit in a bar and enjoy myself while looking at all those cardinal emblems/jerseys/fans
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

  11. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Bush Leagues
    Posts
    9,073

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Downtown St. Louis is slowly returning to a place where one can safely walk around after 5:00 pm, after being a place to avoid and a ghost town for a couple of decades. Downtown literally died in St. Louis. Anything that would invite an element that tries to identify itself with any of the atrocities of the negative, recent past, would take away from the effort that's been put into reclaiming Downtown St. Louis as a place where people can feel same to travel in the evening and at nighttime.
    And the trains run on time.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

  12. Likes:

    vaticanplum (03-27-2014)

  13. #83
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't follow your point. Sleeveless shirts I'm picturing either the sleeveless plaid flannel look or the wife beater tank top. Please understand I do get most of them are "young black males" fashion, but sleeveless shirts are mostly redneck.
    As someone who works with young black males, I have to disagree. Sleeveless shirts are very popular.

  14. #84
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,543

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I know my Toho:

    [I]


    I've got a buddy who just finished a two-year Peace Corps stint in the Dominican Republic. He said the men rarely wear shorts.

    Heat rises, wear trousers and shave your head.
    That is exactly what I tell people all the time. They never listen.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  15. Likes:

    Rojo (03-26-2014)

  16. #85
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,543

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

    Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

    Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    You should just chalk it up as another win for good ol St. Loo....They're even better racists than Cincinnati.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  17. Likes:

    Beltway (03-26-2014), M2 (03-26-2014), RichRed (03-26-2014)

  18. #86
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    God forbid they try to make this a higher end establishment after the Cardinals organization spent millions on this project. Deadspin seems to be stirring up the pot here.

    If the dresscode is such an issue and business suffers because of it, they'll change the policy. I see no issue with a dress code being enforced in some of the establishments.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  19. Likes:

    gilpdawg (03-27-2014), jimbo (03-26-2014), Old school 1983 (03-26-2014), RANDY IN INDY (03-27-2014)

  20. #87
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Shorts are basically my outside-of-work uniform here at the beach when the weather's nice. And I have legs like pipe cleaners. Sorry, ladies, I'm taken.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  21. #88
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    God forbid they try to make this a higher end establishment after the Cardinals organization spent millions on this project. Deadspin seems to be stirring up the pot here.

    If the dresscode is such an issue and business suffers because of it, they'll change the policy. I see no issue with a dress code being enforced in some of the establishments.
    As long as I can wear my Reds jersey/underwear onesie, it's all good.

  22. Likes:

    RichRed (03-26-2014), traderumor (03-27-2014), Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

  23. #89
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    the "village" looks pretty good on pictures... the rules on clothing are a bit too harsh but who knows if they are that strict in reality.

    no hats? really? so you canīt go into those bars with your baseball cap after a cardinals game?

    Iīll never go there anyway, canīt sit in a bar and enjoy myself while looking at all those cardinal emblems/jerseys/fans
    I would buy you a beer. In fact every one in the ORG, beers are on me!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    As long as I can wear my Reds jersey/underwear onesie, it's all good.
    Of course

  24. #90
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Why not establish a dress code based on what people SHOULD wear? Tie, business casual attire, dress shoes, etc. Unless you have a very clear idea of what kind of people you don't want to attract and you want to make a stereotypical list of what they might wear to keep them out.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  25. Likes:

    elfmanvt07 (03-27-2014), M2 (03-26-2014), OGB (03-27-2014), RedTeamGo! (03-26-2014), Rojo (03-26-2014), Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25