Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    You know how long it took me to figure out why I would see a bunch of people in the 'bad' part of the city wearing Reds hats thinking 'wow baseball is really popular here, glad to see it' not realizing until I read something that the C in red is a sign of the blood of the Crips gang? Hank Hill moment for me there.
    hahaha props for admitting this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have short ugly legs which never seem to tan.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    And the rule about shirts that "fall past the fingertips"? Um, I'm SHORT. Try 4'11. I like mens shirts since I despise those ridiculous cutesy little bitty sleeves they put on women's shirts. So on average, ALL of my t-shirts are gonna fall past my fingertips... And if I tuck the dang things in, it makes my fanny look even bigger. Jus' sayin'.

Leave it to St Louis to put on ridiculous, highfalutin' airs... You're working class midwest, learn to live with it St Louis!
    Here, here (and I'm 5'4")! I also despise the "women's" cut that t-shirts and jerseys have - not to mention the current fashion of a "relaxed" crew neck on sweaters - yuck!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    hahaha props for admitting this.
    It ruined my innocence. Now I feel weird if I wear a Reds hat, like I might get in a situation being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    You know how long it took me to figure out why I would see a bunch of people in the 'bad' part of the city wearing Reds hats thinking 'wow baseball is really popular here, glad to see it' not realizing until I read something that the C in red is a sign of the blood of the Crips gang? Hank Hill moment for me there.
    something similar for me, except I nearly got shot within the first week I lived in Cincinnati for wearing a blue flannel while walking through Fairview Park. resulted in me getting a bunch of green flannel shirts after that.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

My legs are so pale, they look like scrimshaw carving.

8. Likes:

M2 (03-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    My legs are so pale, they look like scrimshaw carving.
    Ok, stupid Roy story time.... We went down to Florida a couple months ago. I sat on the beach with my wife (in shorts) in about 45 degree weather.

The problem was, the sun was still fairly strong and tanned/burnt my legs. Which wouldn't have been terrible except I had on low socks and shoes. So for the past couple months, my feet have looked like they were dipped in bleach compared to my legs. My wife told me I need to sit out with long pants and bare feet to even me up.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

Falls City Beer (03-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    It's the crazy way of the world these days. Everything anyone does will offend somebody. Count on it. I probably just offended someone.....
    Nobody's really offended. It just that manufactured outrage pays more than it used to.

12. Likes:

George Anderson (03-30-2014),Hoosier Red (03-31-2014),jimbo (03-31-2014)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Nobody's really offended. It just that manufactured outrage pays more than it used to.
    I'm sorry, who is getting paid here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Who said anything about here? My comment was about the world these days. Still, I don't see any reason why RedsZone or this thread in particular would be immune.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Paychecks are bi-weekly. I have mine direct deposited. It's a sweet gig to get paid for all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Paychecks are bi-weekly. I have mine direct deposited. It's a sweet gig to get paid for all this.
    You can't take sanctimony and high-horses to a bank, but that doesn't mean they don't pay out benefits. Pity too.

They call me "chef"

Guys, before you jump on kpresidente or RANDY, keep in mind that they enter every thread about any outrage, liberal or conservative, and tell us that it's all manufactured whooey. They're trying to help end the "outrage" culture and are non-discriminate about what stories they dismiss as noise.

18. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (03-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    I haven't really seen any outrage. It's just opinions. It's the Free Market in action.

They can impose whatever corporate fascist rules they choose, and if someone wants to snicker at them for doing it, they have that right as well.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Hey, it's Opening Day, the sun is shining, and all is well with the world.

Long ago I put my outrage on a shoebox in the basement and out a brick on top. I have a hard enough time keeping my own little corner of the universe straight.

21. Likes:

Always Red (03-31-2014),KittyDuran (03-31-2014)

Turn Off Ads?