Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 241 to 254 of 254

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

  1. #241
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,359

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    For some reason I keep thinking of Michael Scott screaming "I.....DECLARE......BANKRUPTCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY "

    Can I get a gif?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #242
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Because you're all so interested in Ballpark Village, it opened this weekend, and it was absolutely slammed all weekend. It sounds like they have some kinks to work out, but I heard it was very impressive. Should you make your way to St. Louis for a Reds/Cards game, I would check it out.

  4. Likes:

    757690 (03-31-2014)

  5. #243
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Because you're all so interested in Ballpark Village, it opened this weekend, and it was absolutely slammed all weekend. It sounds like they have some kinks to work out, but I heard it was very impressive. Should you make your way to St. Louis for a Reds/Cards game, I would check it out.
    I would rather cut my toenails with a chainsaw marinated in acid, but thank you for the invitation.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  6. Likes:

    Caveat Emperor (03-31-2014), RedTeamGo! (03-31-2014), Rojo (03-31-2014)

  7. #244
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,803

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I would rather cut my toenails with a chainsaw marinated in acid, but thank you for the invitation.
    Then wear shorts made of polyester plaid

  8. Likes:

    vaticanplum (03-31-2014)

  9. #245
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I would rather cut my toenails with a chainsaw marinated in acid, but thank you for the invitation.
    It's a collection of bars and restaurants... You don't have to go into the Cardinals HOF...

    If Cinci has something comparable, I'd check it out. Half the fun of following your team on road games is checking out the watering holes next to the stadium.

  10. #246
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    It's a collection of bars and restaurants... You don't have to go into the Cardinals HOF...

    If Cinci has something comparable, I'd check it out. Half the fun of following your team on road games is checking out the watering holes next to the stadium.
    "Collections of bars and restaurants", especially ones requiring aesthetically questionable dress codes, just aren't my scene. I know what kinds of places they are and I'm sure they'll do a bang-up business next to the park. But not everybody is going to like them.

    Cincinnati does have something similar, though the places constitute less of an intentional "scene" than it sounds like they're aiming for in St. Louis. I've been, and it's fine, pretty chill and some good beer, but there are still places a bit further afield of GABP that I'd rather go to. Actually it's the same in Pittsburgh, the same a lot of places. Stuff in close proximity to the ballparks tends to be newer and more commercial and not as entrenched in the real personality and flavor of the city. I don't think most people in Chicago would point to the Cubby Bear as emblematic of their finest drinking establishments.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  11. Likes:

    Always Red (03-31-2014), westofyou (03-31-2014)

  12. #247
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    152

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    "Collections of bars and restaurants", especially ones requiring aesthetically questionable dress codes, just aren't my scene. I know what kinds of places they are and I'm sure they'll do a bang-up business next to the park. But not everybody is going to like them.

    Cincinnati does have something similar, though the places constitute less of an intentional "scene" than it sounds like they're aiming for in St. Louis. I've been, and it's fine, pretty chill and some good beer, but there are still places a bit further afield of GABP that I'd rather go to. Actually it's the same in Pittsburgh, the same a lot of places. Stuff in close proximity to the ballparks tends to be newer and more commercial and not as entrenched in the real personality and flavor of the city. I don't think most people in Chicago would point to the Cubby Bear as emblematic of their finest drinking establishments.

    Understandable. Although I will say, the controversy that's surrounding the dress code is silliness. It's a non-issue.

    To be honest, I tend to agree with you. I'd rather go to more local, long-established places too. South of Busch, there are tons of small, "mom & pop" type bars and restaurants that seem far more authentic.

    I'll go to Ballpark Village to catch a game at the Wrigley-style seating that overlooks the park -- they're all you can eat and drink seats too, so a nice bonus. I'd like to catch a road game on that giant TV they have. Of course, I need to check out the Cardinals newly designed HOF.

    But I'm betting I can knock out all of those activities in a visit or two...

  13. #248
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,642

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    The major problem I see with the Ballpark Village in St. Louis is that it's filled with Cardinals fans.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  14. Likes:

    Raisor (03-31-2014), Slyder (03-31-2014), wheels (03-31-2014)

  15. #249
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,359

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The major problem I see with the Ballpark Village in St. Louis is that it's filled with Cardinals fans.
    The problem with Scotland is that it is full of Scots!!

  16. #250
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The major problem I see with the Ballpark Village in St. Louis is that it's filled with Cardinals fans.
    It could be a blessing. Let them all stay there in the echo chamber, leaving the rest of us blissfully unaware of their existence.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  17. #251
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    "Collections of bars and restaurants", especially ones requiring aesthetically questionable dress codes, just aren't my scene. I know what kinds of places they are and I'm sure they'll do a bang-up business next to the park. But not everybody is going to like them.

    Cincinnati does have something similar, though the places constitute less of an intentional "scene" than it sounds like they're aiming for in St. Louis. I've been, and it's fine, pretty chill and some good beer, but there are still places a bit further afield of GABP that I'd rather go to. Actually it's the same in Pittsburgh, the same a lot of places. Stuff in close proximity to the ballparks tends to be newer and more commercial and not as entrenched in the real personality and flavor of the city. I don't think most people in Chicago would point to the Cubby Bear as emblematic of their finest drinking establishments.
    In all the time I lived in Chicago, I went into the Cubby Bear once for a scavenger hunt-type party. Around Wrigley, we used to join my wife's friends at this bar on a side street off Clark a few blocks north of Wrigley. Mark Grace would occasionally drop in after games when he was still with the Cubs. Finding a good bar in Chicago near Wrigley was always difficult because of the tendency for them to be filled with obnoxious tools or trendy Yuppies who were just there because being a Cubs fan was trendy. If you wanted a good bar in Chicago, you had to get out of Wrigleyville. I always liked to hang at places in Lincoln Square and Uptown.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  18. #252
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,163

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    So, all these places have beer, right? How can they be bad?

    Pay attention to the open sky

  19. Likes:

    Always Red (03-31-2014)

  20. #253
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,193

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    In all the time I lived in Chicago, I went into the Cubby Bear once for a scavenger hunt-type party. Around Wrigley, we used to join my wife's friends at this bar on a side street off Clark a few blocks north of Wrigley. Mark Grace would occasionally drop in after games when he was still with the Cubs. Finding a good bar in Chicago near Wrigley was always difficult because of the tendency for them to be filled with obnoxious tools or trendy Yuppies who were just there because being a Cubs fan was trendy. If you wanted a good bar in Chicago, you had to get out of Wrigleyville. I always liked to hang at places in Lincoln Square and Uptown.
    As far as I know, there are two good bars around Wrigley: Guthrie's and the Ginger Man. I mean, Guthrie's has kewpie doll heads embedded in the ceiling. It does not get much better than that.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  21. #254
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    My biggest take away from all this is we're "coloring" ourselves way too often and most of the things we're coloring ourselves are not colors.

    Color me not coloring any more.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25