Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 254

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

  1. #61
    Pagan/Asatru Ravenlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Williamsburg, OH and the wilds.
    Posts
    8,994

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    I haven't worn short pants since I was in grade school. I've had very long hair since I was 12, and have had a full beard since I was 22. I spend my summers outside most of the time. I don't have issues with over heating. the irony being that just about anything over 65 degrees I find sweltering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    It looks sexist to me. Men can't expose undergarments but women can?
    I would wager it never crossed their minds.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop


    yes, this really is how we make our living.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I am mostly on board, but man, it is just too hot in Cincinnati in the summer to not wear shorts. In my defense, I put it off as long as I possibly can.
    Man, there is no way I could not wear shorts here in NC during the summer. Honestly, I hate wearing long pants at any point if I can comfortably wear shorts.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  4. Likes:

    M2 (03-26-2014)

  5. #63
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    I'm so anti-shorts that I wear pants when I swim.

  6. Likes:

    pahster (03-26-2014), Rojo (03-26-2014), thatcoolguy_22 (03-28-2014), wlf WV (03-31-2014)

  7. #64
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Man, there is no way I could not wear shorts here in NC during the summer. Honestly, I hate wearing long pants at any point if I can comfortably wear shorts.
    I only recently got a car with AC too, before that I tried to avoid wearing them, but driving around in the summer heat here in a car with no AC is just a deal breaker.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  8. #65
    Torty ac084c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    396

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

    Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

    Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?

  9. Likes:

    Always Red (03-26-2014), KronoRed (03-30-2014)

  10. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    No AC is def a deal breaker. I burned my legs badly when I was a kid, so they don't sweat/cool off on their own now. I hate summer days I have to wear pants to work. Hate.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  11. #67
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Bank robber to police: "You're the bank robbers. You're the one obsessed with the bank's missing money."

    Man to old lady he just punched: "You're the old lady puncher. You're the one grabbing your arm and saying ow."

    Dude to person who points out examples of racism: "You're the racist. You're the one obsessed with race."
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  12. Likes:

    OGB (03-27-2014), pahster (03-26-2014), RedTeamGo! (03-26-2014), Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

  13. #68
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

    Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

    Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    Wait, this only applies on non-game nights? So I could go watch the Reds play then go into one of these bars and show people my underwear as long as it's a game night?

  14. #69
    Member Larkin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    592

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Wonderful Monds isn't racist (or any variation of that) for acknowledging that there are clothing styles that are typically associated with "urban" or "hip-hop" culture (which is in turn associated with African American culture). If you really think Monds is just making this stuff up, here's a whole Wikipedia article on some of the trends and styles associated with this genre of fashion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_fashion

    The implication of "racism" here, whether you agree or not, is that this sort of fashion is most associated with African American culture. So while yes, you could argue that "the element" that is being discouraged here is this particular style, which could be worn by any person of any color... These sort of dress codes disproportionately affect those who are most associated with the urban look.

    I'm not making a case out of this... the bar/restaurant owners can do whatever they want in their establishments, as they will ultimately sleep in the bed they made. But this is far from the first time these sorts of dress codes have been called into question, so let's take an edge off some of the hostility: See for yourself!

  15. Likes:

    bigredmechanism (03-26-2014), membengal (03-27-2014), OGB (03-27-2014), pahster (03-26-2014), Rojo (03-26-2014), Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

  16. #70
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

    Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

    Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    I think the whole dress code thing is just some weak stuff period. It reminds me of being in middle school.

    And really, they label it themselves a "sports anchored entertainment district", but no jerseys or hats? lol.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  17. #71
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Wait, this only applies on non-game nights? So I could go watch the Reds play then go into one of these bars and show people my underwear as long as it's a game night?
    I think you're allowed to wear jerseys on game night is the idea.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  18. #72
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,604

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    "excessively long shirts"

    come on na.

    - - - Updated - - -



    "excessively long shirts"
    I don't follow your point. Sleeveless shirts I'm picturing either the sleeveless plaid flannel look or the wife beater tank top. Please understand I do get most of them are "young black males" fashion, but sleeveless shirts are mostly redneck.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  19. Likes:

    Always Red (03-26-2014)

  20. #73
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I'm so anti-shorts that I wear pants when I swim.
    I'm actually a never-nude.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

  21. Likes:

    Chip R (03-26-2014), pahster (03-26-2014), Raisor (03-26-2014), Yachtzee (03-26-2014)

  22. #74
    Member Beltway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think you're allowed to wear jerseys on game night is the idea.
    What if I made some sort of jersey/underwear onesie?

  23. #75
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    What if I made some sort of jersey/underwear onesie?
    You would then be required to wear a jacket at all times.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25