Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Re: World's lamest ballpark village opens next to Busch in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'd be with them if they banned polos tucked into shorts. Or just shorts on men. Shorts are for school boys who somehow befriend Godzilla, not grown men.
    I hate shorts says the guy who lives in the Haight... sorry you don't get a vote the fog is rolling in

2. Likes:

Rojo (03-26-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    You would then be required to wear a jacket at all times.
    Well, it wouldn't be a sleeveless onesie, obviously.

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be a sleeveless onesie, obviously.
    God I'm going to have to drink if I want to get these images out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    It actually looks like a cool place to go to before a game.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...rk_village.jsp
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

9 times out of 10, when I go a Reds game, I wear a Reds logo polo shirt, your average white man Kohls style shorts, and either sandals or running shoes. And one of many Reds ball caps. I'm about as much of a white burb guy as you can get. I seem to fit in with the general crowd.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

Always Red (03-26-2014)

the "village" looks pretty good on pictures... the rules on clothing are a bit too harsh but who knows if they are that strict in reality.

no hats? really? so you canīt go into those bars with your baseball cap after a cardinals game?

Iīll never go there anyway, canīt sit in a bar and enjoy myself while looking at all those cardinal emblems/jerseys/fans
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Downtown St. Louis is slowly returning to a place where one can safely walk around after 5:00 pm, after being a place to avoid and a ghost town for a couple of decades. Downtown literally died in St. Louis. Anything that would invite an element that tries to identify itself with any of the atrocities of the negative, recent past, would take away from the effort that's been put into reclaiming Downtown St. Louis as a place where people can feel same to travel in the evening and at nighttime.
    And the trains run on time.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I don't follow your point. Sleeveless shirts I'm picturing either the sleeveless plaid flannel look or the wife beater tank top. Please understand I do get most of them are "young black males" fashion, but sleeveless shirts are mostly redneck.
    As someone who works with young black males, I have to disagree. Sleeveless shirts are very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I know my Toho:

[I]

I've got a buddy who just finished a two-year Peace Corps stint in the Dominican Republic. He said the men rarely wear shorts.

Heat rises, wear trousers and shave your head.
    That is exactly what I tell people all the time. They never listen.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

14. Likes:

Rojo (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Color me confused, but we're saying this is the world's lamest ballpark village because a few of the restaurants/bars have a dress code after 9pm on non-game nights?

Or is it the world's lamest because it's in St. Louis 30 yards from Busch Stadium?

Or is it because Deadspin said it was lame - and Deadspin is the authority on that subject?
    You should just chalk it up as another win for good ol St. Loo....They're even better racists than Cincinnati.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

16. Likes:

Beltway (03-26-2014),M2 (03-26-2014),RichRed (03-26-2014)

God forbid they try to make this a higher end establishment after the Cardinals organization spent millions on this project. Deadspin seems to be stirring up the pot here.

If the dresscode is such an issue and business suffers because of it, they'll change the policy. I see no issue with a dress code being enforced in some of the establishments.

Shorts are basically my outside-of-work uniform here at the beach when the weather's nice. And I have legs like pipe cleaners. Sorry, ladies, I'm taken.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    God forbid they try to make this a higher end establishment after the Cardinals organization spent millions on this project. Deadspin seems to be stirring up the pot here.

If the dresscode is such an issue and business suffers because of it, they'll change the policy. I see no issue with a dress code being enforced in some of the establishments.
    As long as I can wear my Reds jersey/underwear onesie, it's all good.

20. Likes:

RichRed (03-26-2014),traderumor (03-27-2014),Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    the "village" looks pretty good on pictures... the rules on clothing are a bit too harsh but who knows if they are that strict in reality.

no hats? really? so you canīt go into those bars with your baseball cap after a cardinals game?

Iīll never go there anyway, canīt sit in a bar and enjoy myself while looking at all those cardinal emblems/jerseys/fans
    I would buy you a beer. In fact every one in the ORG, beers are on me!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    As long as I can wear my Reds jersey/underwear onesie, it's all good.
    Of course

They call me "chef"

Why not establish a dress code based on what people SHOULD wear? Tie, business casual attire, dress shoes, etc. Unless you have a very clear idea of what kind of people you don't want to attract and you want to make a stereotypical list of what they might wear to keep them out.

23. Likes:

elfmanvt07 (03-27-2014),M2 (03-26-2014),OGB (03-27-2014),RedTeamGo! (03-26-2014),Rojo (03-26-2014),Wonderful Monds (03-26-2014)

Turn Off Ads?