Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone NFL Mock Draft

Re: Redszone NFL Mock Draft

Let me just say the Jags are open to trade back...... I'll give it a couple hours and if nothing comes in I'll make the pick.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What's the frickin' hurry? The draft isn't for four weeks.

I'm out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

We have to move quickly this process takes awhile to get through 3 rounds.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

OK, my first 2 choices were Clowney and Watkins. I think the Jags are not in love with any of the QB's so I'll go......

Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo.

The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I'm heading out for a while so I hate to be the one that everyone is waiting on.

You have to think the Browns go QB here unless the new coach really likes who they have. Thats just IMO, I hope Oakland were to trade down given these early picks but I'm not going to tie things up. Whenever someone picks for Cleveland I'll take OT Greg Robinson Auburn or WR Mike Evans Texas A&M if Robinson is chosen by Cleveland.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

The steal of the draft already? Wow! The Browns go from wanna be's to legit playoff contenders with a solid QB, and despite all the hype there is but one sure fire solid to above QB available at this point in the draft.

With the 4th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns Select:

QB Blake Bortles UCF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bortles182829310.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	6915
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 04-08-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

FYI I'll select for the Chargers in the 1st also, since they are right in a row with my other selections. Unless they are claimed by someone who wants to pick for them 1st.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Feel free to copy and use this as we draft. I got a bit of a moment to list the picks thus far.

Round 1
    1. Houston Texans- DE Jadevon Clowney So. Carolina
    2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins)- WR Sammy Watkins Clemson
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars- LB Khalil Mack Buffalo
    4. Cleveland Browns- QB Blake Bortles UCF
    5. Oakland Raiders- OT Greg Robinson Auburn
    6. Atlanta Falcons- OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    8. Minnesota Vikings
    9. Buffalo Bills
    10. Detroit Lions
    11. Tennessee Titans
    12. New York Giants
    13. St. Louis Rams
    14. Chicago Bears
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers
    16. Dallas Cowboys
    17. Baltimore Ravens
    18. New York Jets
    19. Miami Dolphins
    20. Arizona Cardinals
    21. Green Bay Packers
    22. Philadelphia Eagles
    23. Kansas City Chiefs
    24. Cincinnati Bengals
    25. San Diego Chargers
    26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)
    27. New Orleans Saints
    28. Carolina Panthers
    29. New England Patriots
    30. San Francisco 49ers
    31. Denver Broncos
    32. Seattle Seahawks
    Last edited by Slyder; 04-07-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

I thought about going TE to be the heir to Tony Gonzalez, but after looking at the offensive line for the Atlanta Falcons I have to pull the trigger on:

With the 6th pick of the 2014 NFL Redszone Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select:

Jake Matthews
    OT | Texas A&M

At 6'6" 308 lbs and impressive instincts and footwork, Mathews may be the protection Matt Ryan lacked in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    (cannot figure out how to post pics anymore, uploader doesn't seem to work)
    I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but you're the second person I've seen mention that, and I've not had any problems. Would you mind sending me a PM explaining what you're doing and what isn't working? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but you're the second person I've seen mention that, and I've not had any problems. Would you mind sending me a PM explaining what you're doing and what isn't working? Thanks.
    Disregard Boss, operator error I was in a hurry earlier and didn't take the time to understand it properly. Thanks for the help anyway.

--Woody Hayes

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-08-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Round 1, Pick 7 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

With the 7th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select TEDDY BRIDGEWATER, QB - LOUISVILLE.

I'm among those who feel that Mike Glennon should have been given a shot to claim the starting job in 2014 after posting a 19-9 TD/INT ratio in his freshman campaign, but it's incredibly apparent that new head coach Lovie Smith and new offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford don't see Glennon as starting material. They brought in career backup, and 2013 flash-in-the-pan, Josh McCown and immediately named him the top of the depth chart for 2014 over Glennon, but I can't see any rational head coach going into the season with no plan at QB other than a guy who had numbers south of Brandon Weeden for his career prior to his hot stretch of 5 starts last season.

With Bridgewater, the Buccaneers push the reset button at the QB position after a nightmarish end to the Josh Freeman era in 2013. While there's been recent talk of Bridgewater falling in the draft, yours truly feels it to be complete hogwash. In Bridgewater, the Buccaneers get a guy with off-the-charts intangibles and a complete pocket-passing game (and the athleticism to move and extend the play as a last resort). The deeper statistical analysis also loves Bridgewater, who killed it on 3rd down over the course of his career and excelled in an offense that offered very few opportunities for stat-padding completions behind or at the line of scrimmage.

In short, Bridgewater would be the Buccaneers pick even if all 3 of the QBs were on the board. He lacks the obvious holes in his game that Bortles will be expected to fill at the NFL level and the major character questions raised by Johnny Manziel. He fits the mold of a QB that Lovie Smith and Jeff Tedford can use from Week 1: incredibly intelligent, accurate with the football, and an ability to function in an offense (as opposed to relying on pure athleticism and splash plays).

With Sammy Watkins -- really the only other tempting pick of the so-called "top of the class" -- off the board, this becomes a no-brainer selection for the Buccaneers.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 04-08-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

With the 8th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnny-manziel-threw-his-first-touchdown-pass-and-then-did-the-show-me-the-money-celebration.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	6916

Assuming no one minds......I've done 10 minutes of research on Buffalo's needs. Ironically, this turns out to be the same amount the typical Buffalo GM has done recently. Based on this extensive knowledge, the Buffalo Bills select OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan.

Detroit has been rumored to be trying to move up for Watkins however with the price too steep they stay with their board and select Justin Gilbert of The Oklahoma State University.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?