Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Thought he was more instigated than instigator - it was Cole, the pitcher, who dropped an f-bomb after he got to 3rd. Gomez was hot-dogging but no worse than a lot of other guys have. He got hot after Cole cursed him and then someone from the bullpen got in his face and started the brawl. He should get suspended for the punches, of course.
    Agree with this take.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez fails a drug test at some point.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez fails a drug test at some point.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Why?
    Roid rage. This isn't normal behavior from a balanced individual. He also could just be a jackass.

Roid rage. This isn't normal behavior from a balanced individual. He also could just be a jackass.
    Tons of people have anger issues. Attributing them to steroids is just lazy and ignorant commentary.

Tons of people have anger issues. Attributing them to steroids is just lazy and ignorant commentary.
    There's also his being terrible for years, then suddenly finding power, and the fact that he plays next to one of the most notorious PED users in MLB history. Nothing conclusive, just wouldn't be surprised to find out that he and Braun had the same workout routine.

There's also his being terrible for years, then suddenly finding power, and the fact that he plays next to one of the most notorious PED users in MLB history. Nothing conclusive, just wouldn't be surprised to find out that he and Braun had the same workout routine.
    He was highly touted and rushed to the big leagues to justify the Johan Santana deal. Wish the Reds had him. He's clearly the 3rd best CF in the majors. Trout, McCutchen, Gomez...
    Last edited by mth123; 04-20-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

REDblooded (04-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    He was highly touted and rushed to the big leagues to justify the Johan Santana deal. Wishthe REds had him. He's clearly the 3rd best CF in the majors. Trout, McCutchen, Gomez...
    Would rather be a Cardinal fan than have Gomez on my favorite team, no matter how good he is.

Would rather be a Cardinal fan than have Gomez on my favorite team, no matter how good he is.
    To each his own. Were you saying the same when the Reds had instigators like Rob Dibble and even Mario Soto playing for them?
    Last edited by mth123; 04-20-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    To each his own. Were you saying the same when the Reds had instigators like Rob Dibble and even Mario Soto playing for them?
    Not even similar comparisons. But I was embarrassed by Dibble's actions many times.

With 2 outs it had a shot at being an inside the park homer instead of a triple if he didn't waste time watching it.

25 years old: 8 HR in 258 PA
    26 years old: 19 HR in 452 PA
    27 years old: 24 HR in 590 PA

That's a completely normal progression.

That's like saying you wouldn't be surprised if Cueto was juicing because he got suddenly good and played with Volquez right when he got good.

25 years old: 8 HR in 258 PA
    26 years old: 19 HR in 452 PA
    27 years old: 24 HR in 590 PA

That's a completely normal progression.

That's like saying you wouldn't be surprised if Cueto was juicing because he got suddenly good and played with Volquez right when he got good.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cueto used PED's either. I think most players have tried them. However, I would be much less surprised to learn that Gomez used them then most other players.

"roid rage"... what a joke. You must have a ton of first hand experience with steroids.

I'm still trying to figure out how I was on them for the better part of a year and never managed to get into a fight, kill my wife, punt a puppy, etc...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    "roid rage"... what a joke. You must have a ton of first hand experience with steroids.

I'm still trying to figure out how I was on them for the better part of a year and never managed to get into a fight, kill my wife, punt a puppy, etc...
    For the record, I've been on them for over ten years. And yes, I experienced roid rage many times when my dosage was high. Just ask my friends. They were scared for me. My experience with steroids is one of the main reasons why I am so strongly against them for MLB players.

Concerning rage from using steroids, it all depends on the dosage. Most people prescribed them get a fraction of the dosage that athletes use on a daily basis, and have much less severe side effects.

Turn Off Ads?