Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2014

This offense is just bad.....without Votto and Bruce producing. I was hopeful with the emergence of Mes, Frazier and BH but statistics 101 is catching up with this team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Puig has three triples tonight. And a double. That's pretty rare.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Marlon Byrd, 20th HR, 60th RBI. My oh my how we missed out last season Walt. Reds fandom could be sitting on a WS ring and another one on the way.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Marlon Byrd, 20th HR, 60th RBI. My oh my how we missed out last season Walt. Reds fandom could be sitting on a WS ring and another one on the way.
    You are entitled to your take, but I really don't believe Marlon Byrd was some sort of magic elixir to the Reds winning the World Series last year. Better production in LF certainly would have helped, and obviously waiting on Ludwick's return didn't work out, but ultimately better production anywhere near the likes we are getting this year from the catcher and third base positions would have gone a much longer way for the 2013 Reds.

And I'm not sure why he would lead to "another one on the way". He was a free agent and so if the Reds did sign him and he was on this Reds team since April, they would be better but not some sort of powerhouse given everything else that has gone on this year.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You are entitled to your take, but I really don't believe Marlon Byrd was some sort of magic elixir to the Reds winning the World Series last year. Better production in LF certainly would have helped, and obviously waiting on Ludwick's return didn't work out, but ultimately better production anywhere near the likes we are getting this year from the catcher and third base positions would have gone a much longer way for the 2013 Reds.

And I'm not sure why he would lead to "another one on the way". He was a free agent and so if the Reds did sign him and he was on this Reds team since April, they would be better but not some sort of powerhouse given everything else that has gone on this year.
    But wouldn't it have been nice to know?

drama again between the rays and red sox (ortiz)... ortiz hit a 3 run homer, flipped his bat and needed 30 seconds to round the bases (I think that is sprinting for him )

archer wasn´t happy

"I don't know what makes him think that he can showboat the way he does, and then nobody retaliates," Archer said. "Nobody looks at him in a funny way or pitches him inside. I don't know why he feels like that, but obviously he feels the way [teammate] David [Price] said he does -- he feels like he's bigger than the game. He feels like the show is all about him."
    ortiz response (short version)
    "He's not the right guy to be saying that, I don't think," Ortiz said.
    perhaps ortiz had this action in his mind

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2013/06/...in-two-at-bats

if you act like this, you shouldn´t judge someone else for showboating
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Considering what Ortiz has done in the postseason in his career, he can showboat all he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Tampa just dropped a 4 spot on Milwaukee in the 8th -- 5 -1 Tampa -- top of 9
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Pirates winning, Cards tied.

Cards losing 4-0 in San Diego. Anybody actually want to win this division?????
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Cards now have a negative run differential

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cards now have a negative run differential
    Wow! Says a lot for the pitching....Taveras hits a HR in his first AB as the new regular RFer. Cards leading the Pads 6-2, trying to avoid the sweep.

Cubs up 5-1 against the Dodgers. Dan Haren was taken out in the top of the 5th. He's not going to be part of that rotation for very much longer.

Dbacks bullpen gives up hit after hit to Harrison, Mercer, Cutch, Alvarez, Michael Martinez... etc etc. Pirates up 6-4 now.

The Astros had one heck of a game tonight. Watch Singleton's inside the park HR, Grossman's rob of a HR, and LJ Hoes diving into the stands.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

Turn Off Ads?