Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2014

While most of the Yankees on the field pretended not to understand the "You sold out!" chant.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

2. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-02-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    >Yankees fans booing Robinson Cano, who helped them win a championship, for signing with another team for more money.

Is this a great country or what?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Aaron, it was fun while it lasted. Harang getting shelled tonight. 2 bombs and 7 runs thus far.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Cubs up 2-0 on Cardinals in the 2nd. Wainright got knocked around a bit, but seems to have dialed it in, stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Randal Grichuk (who?) the Cardinals Right fielder ran himself with a good head of steam right into the bricks in Right center. Knocked the ball out of his glove. He stayed in the game amazingly.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Cubs up 2-0 on Cardinals in the 2nd. Wainright got knocked around a bit, but seems to have dialed it in, stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Randal Grichuk (who?) the Cardinals Right fielder ran himself with a good head of steam right into the bricks in Right center. Knocked the ball out of his glove. He stayed in the game amazingly.
    Grichuk was part of the Freese deal. He's most famous for being taken one pick ahead of Mike Trout.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Took the day off of work today. Playing OOTP15 and watching the Cubs/Cards game on the ole iPad. Happy days!

Arroyo with a 7 ip 3 hit 0 run game in SD tonight. Picked up his second win. I am rooting for him so that was good to see.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

10. Likes:

mth123 (05-04-2014), SirFelixCat (05-04-2014), tomnuetten (05-03-2014)

Ryan Braun on DL with a right oblique strain. It's good news for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Ryan Braun on DL with a right oblique strain. It's good news for the Reds.
    That took them a while, no? It seemed he was going to be day-to-day and then suddenly ends up on the DL.

Fun to see Arroyo do well. I liked him in Cincinnati, although his track record this year has been the same basket case we saw in Cincy as he's been shelled in just as many games as he pitched relatively well. I think before last night he entered with a 7+ ERA.

Cubs beat the Cards again, 3-0. The Cards went 0-6 with RISP, and left 8 men on base.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Cubs beat the Cards again, 3-0. The Cards went 0-6 with RISP, and left 8 men on base.
    How does a team that has the great skill of hitting with RISP suddenly not have that skill?

If I didn't know better, I would think it was a non-repeatable skill.

15. Likes:

Cursh14 (05-12-2014), thatcoolguy_22 (05-05-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (05-04-2014)

Lotta teams blowing big leads tonight.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Pirates control the cellar of the NL Central. 7 games below .500.

The Cards really suck right now. Several guys in the lineup that can't buy a base hit. Wainwright and Wacha w/o their good stuff left in too long in back to back games. Thankfully you guys are putting a whoopin' on the Brews! Keep up the good worK

BTW...big doings at Wrigley tonite. Some kind of 100 year celebration. The ESPN announcers will be sitting in the CF bleachers. With a shot at sweeping their most hated Cards those fans will be going ape-bleep.

19. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-04-2014)

Volquez gives up back to back walks, then a single, then a HR. Blue Jays lead the Pirates 4-1 in the top of the 2nd.

Turn Off Ads?