Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2014

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Do you think they fixed Volquez?

7.2 innings on the year and only 1 walk and 4 hits
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer anyway. I wouldn't say they fixed him yet. Still way too early to draw any definitive conclusions. But, Searage is developing quite a track record. First Burnett, then Liriano, and people always forget that he is largely responsible for fixing Charlie Morton.

I'll say this, I think Volquez has as good of pure stuff as anyone on the Pirates' staff, outside of Cole and MAYBE Liriano. With the news about Jameson Taillon today, they're going to need him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer anyway. I wouldn't say they fixed him yet. Still way too early to draw any definitive conclusions. But, Searage is developing quite a track record. First Burnett, then Liriano, and people always forget that he is largely responsible for fixing Charlie Morton.

I'll say this, I think Volquez has as good of pure stuff as anyone on the Pirates' staff, outside of Cole and MAYBE Liriano. With the news about Jameson Taillon today, they're going to need him.
    I saw this on ESPN the other day, the Pirates may not have 'fixed' Volquez but they are working on him & a few others:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...r-track-record

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    I saw this on ESPN the other day, the Pirates may not have 'fixed' Volquez but they are working on him & a few others:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10...r-track-record
    Thank you. I hadn't seen that.

Yeesh, Derek Jeter just looked awfully bad displaying his fall-down range.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Extremely audible Phillies fan in Philadelphia: Booooo! Cheater!!!

*Braun hits a 3 run home run literally seconds later

Baseball is so great
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

and now it's a 3-homer, 7 RBI "Roid Rage" special day for Braun
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

8. Likes:

cbowen2112 (04-11-2014)

great "ceromony" for Hank Aaron before the Mets @ Braves game
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    great "ceromony" for Hank Aaron before the Mets @ Braves game
    That really was a good deal. Atlanta got that one right. Hope the Bravos go yard a few times tonight for 'ole Hammerin Hank!

Garret Jones just bunted successfully against the shift. I know it's not easy, but I'd like to see Bruce do that.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    and now it's a 3-homer, 7 RBI "Roid Rage" special day for Braun
    Why does everything always have to come back to roids on here?

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Why does everything always have to come back to roids on here?
    Well, in this case, probably because he cheated w/ roids?

Tanaka gives up a 3 run jack. It's still very early in his major league career, but so far he looks more like, say, Daisuke Matsuzaka, than Yu Darvish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Tanaka gives up a 3 run jack. It's still very early in his major league career, but so far he looks more like, say, Daisuke Matsuzaka, than Yu Darvish.
    He must have gone onto Redszone to see what Reds fans were saying about him, because since than he has been lights out.

Harper and Werth for the Nationals have looked bad thus far this season, then tonight they both crush a 3-run HR and Grand Slam respectively. They were absolute shots that bought their team back into a game they won. It looked like the fans had just won the WS after the Werth HR. Fun times in WAS this summer I'm sure.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's funny, Dice-K's first few MLB starts were pretty impressive, Darvish was kind of shaky at first.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?