Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft

Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I hope you're wrong Red. Oakland needs to trade WAY down and get a boat load of draft picks to add some depth.
    You can only trade down if somebody is willing to trade up. In a deep draft such as this, with QB's who are no sure things, that is easier said than done.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    You can only trade down if somebody is willing to trade up. In a deep draft such as this, with QB's who are no sure things, that is easier said than done.
    Pretty much my feelings as well. There may be some moving around, but I don't see Oakland pulling a Cleveland Browns and trading all the way back to the end of the first round. The market is not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    In my mind Dennard and Gilbert are 1a and 1b. Fuller is 2a. Verrett is 3a and I want nothing to do with Roby considering his performance last season and his behavioral issues.

Definitely want a FB in this year's draft. Trey Millard is ahead of everyone else but the mountain that is Copeland is fine.

Nothing about these highlights scream 1st round pick to me. He is an average athlete at best, and is constantly holding guys there; I can't imagine him being asked to cover some of the speedy WRs in the AFC North. Verrett, OTOH, FLIES off the screen. If he were 2 inches taller, he'd be the first corner taken. As for Roby, cut him some slack. Remember Janoris Jenkins? While he reportedly wasn't on the Bengals radar, every mock draft I can remember seeing that year either had Kirkpatrick or Jenkins at 17, and he had a TON more red flags. He's done well for himself so far.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post

Nothing about these highlights scream 1st round pick to me. He is an average athlete at best, and is constantly holding guys there; I can't imagine him being asked to cover some of the speedy WRs in the AFC North. Verrett, OTOH, FLIES off the screen. If he were 2 inches taller, he'd be the first corner taken. As for Roby, cut him some slack. Remember Janoris Jenkins? While he reportedly wasn't on the Bengals radar, every mock draft I can remember seeing that year either had Kirkpatrick or Jenkins at 17, and he had a TON more red flags. He's done well for himself so far.
    Yeah I see the hands-i-ness that was mentioned in the article on cincyjungle.com. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're not seeing. Even when he wasn't holding (which admittedly was a LOT) he was locked on to the receiver and hit hard when the receiver did make a catch. No biggie, there are people paid way more than we are to figure out if he'll be good or not. This is just fun. And you're probably right on Verrett.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Prediction: packers lose the opener against Seattle and end up 14-2.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired in Columbus, Ohio last weekend.

It's a bigger issue than it otherwise might be because Roby was accused of battery last summer, though the charges were eventually dropped.

Source: ElevenWarriors.com

There goes the first round, and possibly the second.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-24-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Idiot. The moments leading up to the most important day in your young life and you do something like this. I'll never understand it. It's not a big deal to have some adult pops but then to risk millions of potential dollars by getting behind the wheel is just mind blowing.
    Witty signature.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Wow. Moron. I was already sour on the guy, and this just pushes that further.

That said, IF the Bengals pick up a 2nd pick in the 3rd round AND Roby is there AND the Bengals haven't selected a CB yet, I could see value in the pick if the Bengals think they've got enough character in the team to turn him around.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired in Columbus, Ohio last weekend.

It's a bigger issue than it otherwise might be because Roby was accused of battery last summer, though the charges were eventually dropped.

Source: ElevenWarriors.com

There goes the first round, and possibly the second.
    According to his lawyer Roby had a 0.008 BAC and they expect the charges to be dropped. For his sake, hopefully that's the case, but it is still likely to drop him out of the first round. If he falls to the second round and the Bengals don't take a CB in the 1st, he would be a great pickup

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

NFL GMs Frantically Studying Bleacher Report Slideshow On Top College Prospects

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl...t-slide,35858/
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Here's my first mock draft of the year:

4.Cleveland-Sammy Watkins (WR-Clemson)

26.Cleveland-Johnny Manziel (QB-Texas A&M)
    I sure hope you're right here WV. IMO, there's no way the Browns shouldn't take Watkins with their first pick, and go for a QB further down. But then - we are talking the Browns. But they've made some solid moves so far in free agency, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

And I'd have no problem with them taking Alabama's McNarron either.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Wow. Moron. I was already sour on the guy, and this just pushes that further.
    He's an over-rated, over-hyped punk IMO. Good riddance to him!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I sure hope you're right here WV. IMO, there's no way the Browns shouldn't take Watkins with their first pick, and go for a QB further down. But then - we are talking the Browns. But they've made some solid moves so far in free agency, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

I have felt for a couple of years now that the Browns were close to building decent team but a few positions and competent management away. They haven't had a dependable QB for years now. I don't buy the hope in Hoyer, guy had a good couple game stretch throwing quick passes, but was on IR before teams really could make adjustments. I think Sammy Watkins teamed up with Gordon could be a home run pick, but who would throw them the ball. I don't think Manziel will be there at 26, will they go with another QB at 26? A QB they don't like as much?

Its the Browns so I think they go with Manziel at 4 unless they have fallen in love with a 2nd round QB they think they can get at 26. Would they go Watkins at 4 and then Mettenburger at 26?

"Competent Management" is first and foremost the most important part of any organization. You don't have that, and you don't have anything at all.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

While I sorta agree I have them in the RZ Mock Draft and went Bortles with the 4th pick and although I wish I had done more thinking about the #26 pick (K. Benjamin), I could have done better there, I think I picked the right guy at 4 anyway. Bortles to me is a legit QB candidate and frankly the next decent one for me is Tom Savage. There are alot of QB's in this draft with hype but I think most of them have a fatal flaw. Bortles & Savage have the look of a franchise QB (Pachall is a another I like but he's high risk of course) and this draft is extremely deep at WR. From a value standpoint Watkins and then QB makes all the sense in the world but sometimes you just have to throw value out the window if a pick makes sense and I think for the Browns they should not pass on Bortles, IMHO of course.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?