Re: 2014 NFL Draft

I hope nobody was drinking every time somebody said the word "measurables."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I hope nobody was drinking every time somebody said the word "measurables."
    If they did they were out cold by the 20th pick of the first round and didn't get up until Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I'm very glad that the Human Livestock Auction is over. Yuck.
    Never having seen a televised livestock auction, I can't help but wonder if this could be considered insulting to livestock auctions.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

5. Likes:

Hoosier Red (05-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Never having seen a televised livestock auction, I can't help but wonder if this could be considered insulting to livestock auctions.
    Mel Kiper, Jr. says Bessie has great grazing speed and flashes in milk production. She'll be expected to start in year one for Mueller's Dairy with a potential to make All-Pro in the Dairy Conference.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

7. Likes:

blumj (05-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    A purebred livestock auction isn't that far from this. Lots of puffery, measureables, data, and dreams.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Lots of puffery, measureables, data, and dreams.
    First, you spelled my name wrong - its just Puffy.

Second, screw you man! Why you starting something. I'm keeping my eye on you from here forward Logan - if that is your real name
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

If I had only said Raisory
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If I had only said Raisory
    Nah, his ego is already too big.....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

With the great draft the RAMS had this season coupled with the great draft the RAMS had last season, I think Les Snead has placed himself atop the General Manager rankings. Not hired until March of 2012 after being the Director of Player Personnel for the Atlanta Falcons, Snead made his way through Management by starting as a scout for the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars. He played Tight End in Auburn after starring as a Guard in High School. He has all the football knowledge necessary for the position of G.M., but his trades and commitment to the trenches have taken the RAMS from perennial under the former G.M.'s since the Greatest Show on Turf left town into a serious playoff contender in 2014.

Their future is very bright. They have a great Head Coach. As with most teams, the only thing holding them back is the play at Quarterback. There's not much Snead can do about Bradford's massive contract, but after developing the rest of the team the last two years through the draft and Free Agency, look for the RAMS to take a QB in the Top 40 picks next off-season, regardless of how well Bradford performs this season.

The NFC West is an incredible Division and they have a chance to be the third Division ever, where every team is in the plus category on the points for-and-against scale. The 2007 NFC East were the first to do this. Perhaps it explains how the Giants were able to defeat the undefeated Patriots...they came from a tested Division. The 2008 NFC South also accomplished the feat, but no team won a playoff game from that Division that season, as being tested didn't help against an uber-hot Kurt Warner, who was single-handedly guiding his Cardinals into the Super Bowl.

The 2013 NFC West almost accomplished the feat with St. Louis falling 16 points short. Don't think St. Louis will fall short this season.

The Broncos and Seahawks were 1-2 in Points For/Against last season. They met in the Super Bowl. Maybe football isn't that complicated. (Bengals finished in a three-way tie for fourth best in Points/For Against)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-15-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?