Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Bucs take Mike Evans -- big body WR who seems to do everything acceptably, but nothing exceptionally well. Hard to hate the pick, but I'm also struggling to understand who is going to throw to him.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Bucs take Mike Evans -- big body WR who seems to do everything acceptably, but nothing exceptionally well. Hard to hate the pick, but I'm also struggling to understand who is going to throw to him.
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Coach Lovie Smith called Mike Glennon the Bucs' "quarterback of the future" after they passed on a quarterback Thursday evening.

The Bucs were widely connected to Johnny Manziel, but ended up going with his college teammate, WR Mike Evans. "You know how much I like Josh McCown as our starter," Smith said of his quarterback situation. "But I love Mike Glennon." That's just coachspeak, of course, but Glennon's Tampa future is much clearer after the media packed his bags before the draft. He should remain in town for at least 2014.

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    5 QB's in first? That's a bunch.
    And the actual number turns out to be 3
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

No Top-Ten picks out of the Big Ten since 2008.

Let's hope everyone whiffed on Dennard.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Coach Lovie Smith called Mike Glennon the Bucs' "quarterback of the future" after they passed on a quarterback Thursday evening.

The Bucs were widely connected to Johnny Manziel, but ended up going with his college teammate, WR Mike Evans. "You know how much I like Josh McCown as our starter," Smith said of his quarterback situation. "But I love Mike Glennon." That's just coachspeak, of course, but Glennon's Tampa future is much clearer after the media packed his bags before the draft. He should remain in town for at least 2014.

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter
    I read that, and I absolutely don't buy it. If the team was high on Glennon, why would they bring in Josh McCown and immediately declare him the starter? Makes absolutely no sense.

Plus, you can't trust a word that comes out of Lovie Smith's mouth. He said he was excited to work with Derrelle Revis a week before he was cut outright, and he made statements that the team was standing by WR Mike Williams and had no plans to trade or cut him 2 weeks before he was traded to Buffalo.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

No soup for you! (or pizza, as I promised)

Carr was not drafted in the First Round.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I read that, and I absolutely don't buy it. If the team was high on Glennon, why would they bring in Josh McCown and immediately declare him the starter? Makes absolutely no sense.

Plus, you can't trust a word that comes out of Lovie Smith's mouth. He said he was excited to work with Derrelle Revis a week before he was cut outright, and he made statements that the team was standing by WR Mike Williams and had no plans to trade or cut him 2 weeks before he was traded to Buffalo.
    As Rotoworld stated immediately, "that's coach-speak, of course".
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-09-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Just a couple of quick thoughts.

I liked the Bengals pick. Denard was a great CB at MSU, a guy who fell, but a guy who fills a need. He was a physical and tough CB, one that should translate well to the NFL.

I don't know what the Browns were doing. Its great you got another 2nd rounder but you didn't need a CB. Manziel is a risk at 22, but a proper risk IMO. In reality they could have ended up with Watkins and Manziel which would be much more scary that Gilbert and Manziel.

I hate the Steelers a little more for taking Shazier and making me root against him. I hate to say it, but the Ravens found good value with Mosley in the 1st. Alabama defensive guys have been a little underwhelming in the NFL but still a solid player.

Ray Lewis is AWFUL on TV. He may be the only guy I want to shut up and her Berman talk.

I thought Lewis was bad at points, but every once in awhile he gave good analysis on defense players. Chris Berman is the worst person on television...not sports television, all of television. He just rambles about random things that don't make sense and the other people at the desk just look really confused.

ESPN would do much much better if they just put someone else in that seat. That someone else is Trey Wingo. This is not rocket science. Who runs that network?

The Cleveland Browns sold 1,200 season tickets between midnight and 7am

Round 2 Bengals wish list:

1) Mason RB
    2) Matthews WR
    3) Bitonio OT
    4) Bradford LB
    5) Murphy LB

3rd round pick up a project offensive tackle
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

I think Hyde is going to be a better pro than Mason...or are you not expecting him to be available when the Bengals select?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Just a couple of quick thoughts.
    I don't know what the Browns were doing. Its great you got another 2nd rounder but you didn't need a CB. Manziel is a risk at 22, but a proper risk IMO. In reality they could have ended up with Watkins and Manziel which would be much more scary that Gilbert and Manziel.
    First off they didn't get a 2nd, they got A first and fourth next year, to move down 5 spots. And cornerback was certainly a need if you believe that the league is now a passing league and that you need two good corners. The Browns new coach believes that cornerback is the second most important position on the field (behind QB). Plus Haden is a free again after the season (or is it 15') so who knows how long he will be around.

I think Watkins will be a great player, but in a deep WR draft, its hard to pass that trade up. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go WR at 35.

I'm not real high on the Manziel pick, I really wanted Bridgewater there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought Lewis was bad at points, but every once in awhile he gave good analysis on defense players. Chris Berman is the worst person on television...not sports television, all of television. He just rambles about random things that don't make sense and the other people at the desk just look really confused.

ESPN would do much much better if they just put someone else in that seat. That someone else is Trey Wingo. This is not rocket science. Who runs that network?
    From a quality standpoint, you're 100% correct. From a PR standpoint, I think ESPN just wishes he would spare them the uncomfortable situation of forcing out one of the guys the network was basically built on. In the end, they know that not enough people will turn away from ESPN just to avoid him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I think the Browns made real smart moves. (hate to admit it)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

My wish list for Bengals Round 2:

Carlos Hyde RB
    Xavier Sua-Filu OG
    Marcus Martin C
    Derek Carr QB

Tre Mason in the 3rd if Hyde gets taken earlier
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?