R2, 35 - QB Zach Mettenberger LSU
    R3, 71 - G Cyril Richardson Baylor
    R3, 83 - CB Pierre Desir Lindenwood
    R4, 106 - RB Lache Seastrunk Baylor
    R4, 127 - S Kenny Ladler Vanderbilt
    R5, 145 - QB Logan Thomas Virginia Tech
    R6, 180 - RB De'Anthony Thomas Oregon
    R7, 218 - OT Matt Patchan Boston College
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2014 NFL Draft

I did a BPA draft with no trades and got this:

24 WR MARQISE LEE
    USC

55 RB CARLOS HYDE
    OHIO STATE

88 S CRAIG LOSTON
    LSU

123 CB PIERRE DESIR
    LINDENWOOD

164 QB AARON MURRAY
    GEORGIA

199 TE JACOB PEDERSEN
    WISCONSIN

212 CB BENNETT JACKSON
    NOTRE DAME

239 FB TREY MILLARD
    OKLAHOMA

252 ILB AVERY WILLIAMSON
    KENTUCKY
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I did a BPA draft with no trades and got this:

24 WR MARQISE LEE
    USC

55 RB CARLOS HYDE
    OHIO STATE

88 S CRAIG LOSTON
    LSU

123 CB PIERRE DESIR
    LINDENWOOD

164 QB AARON MURRAY
    GEORGIA

199 TE JACOB PEDERSEN
    WISCONSIN

212 CB BENNETT JACKSON
    NOTRE DAME

239 FB TREY MILLARD
    OKLAHOMA

252 ILB AVERY WILLIAMSON
    KENTUCKY
    ...a "pure" big board.

Being from Wisconsin, I assume that TE is a big TE who can block.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Didn't get to finish due to the site crashing or something but here is my top 5 picks...

1st - CB Darqueze Dennard MSU
    2nd - RB Carlos Hyde OSU
    3rd - C Marcus Martin USC
    4th - DE Kareem Martin UNC
    5th - QB Tom Savage Pittsburgh

That would be a great draft, but that simulator is so random too many good players drop IMO.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Didn't get to finish due to the site crashing or something but here is my top 5 picks...

1st - CB Darqueze Dennard MSU
    2nd - RB Carlos Hyde OSU
    3rd - C Marcus Martin USC
    4th - DE Kareem Martin UNC
    5th - QB Tom Savage Pittsburgh

That would be a great draft, but that simulator is so random too many good players drop IMO.
    This probably belongs in the Bengals' thread, but it's interesting that PFF reported yesterday that Mike Brown was speaking to Alex Mack's agent.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This probably belongs in the Bengals' thread, but it's interesting that PFF reported yesterday that Mike Brown was speaking to Alex Mack's agent.
    Your probably right but since the simulator was placed here I posted it here. I did another draft I was able to complete so I'll post that one on the Bengals thread. As far a Brown speaking to Demoff, I could only hope it was about Mack but since it's Marvin Demoff it could be about anything, I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion but I'll secretly hope that is the case.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Your probably right but since the simulator was placed here I posted it here. I did another draft I was able to complete so I'll post that one on the Bengals thread. As far a Brown speaking to Demoff, I could only hope it was about Mack but since it's Marvin Demoff it could be about anything, I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion but I'll secretly hope that is the case.
    I meant my comments, not yours.

Another one, this time I traded down in the 1st and 2nd rounds to pick up additional picks, took the most reasonable BPA for the first 3 rounds, then BPA starting in the 4th. And honestly, if the first four rounds went like that, I'd be incredibly thrilled.

30 CB Darqueze Dennard
    Michigan State

64 DE Stephon Tuitt
    Notre Dame

77 RB Carlos Hyde
    Ohio State

88 C Weston Richburg
    Colorado State

123 WR Martavis Bryant
    Clemson

132 DT Justin Ellis
    Louisiana Tech

146 CB Ross Cockrell
    Duke

164 QB Logan Thomas
    Virginia Tech

199 RB Antonio Andrews
    Western Kentucky

212 G Brandon Linder
    Miami

239 DE Ethan Westbrooks
    West Texas A&M

252 FB Trey Millard
    Oklahoma
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I'll tell ya this regardless of the fact the simulator is largely flawed it has given me the opportunity to recognize just how many guys I like that should be in that 2nd-3rd round range. If I were the Bengals I'd strongly consider taking a trade down to the end of the 1st-top of the 2nd area and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and/or more. Maybe someone like Jacksonville would take BPA in the 1st and then with all their ammo in this draft move up from early 2nd to end of 1st for their QB, perhaps right in front of the Browns second 1st rounder. One can only hope...

--Woody Hayes

I'll tell ya this regardless of the fact the simulator is largely flawed it has given me the opportunity to recognize just how many guys I like that should be in that 2nd-3rd round range. If I were the Bengals I'd strongly consider taking a trade down to the end of the 1st-top of the 2nd area and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and/or more. Maybe someone like Jacksonville would take BPA in the 1st and then with all their ammo in this draft move up from early 2nd to end of 1st for their QB, perhaps right in front of the Browns second 1st rounder. One can only hope...
    I would think that nearly everyone would want to trade down in this draft, except for someone reaching for a QB.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

FYI, I was using Walter Football's big board. After switching over to Fanspeak's version, I couldn't help but laugh.

R1, 24 - CB Justin Gilbert Oklahoma State
    R2, 55 - WR Marqise Lee USC
    R3, 88 - RB Carlos Hyde Ohio State
    R4, 123 - C Marcus Martin USC
    R5, 164 - DE Will Clarke West Virginia (Michael Johnson clone)
    R6, 199 - QB Tom Savage Pittsburgh
    R6, 212 - CB Chris Davis Auburn
    R7, 239 - OT Matt Patchan Boston College
    R7, 252 - OLB Jonathan Brown Illinois (reminds me of Burfict)

No way that ever happens.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 04-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I think the biggest things the draft simulator tells us is that there's huge variation in the way that players are evaluated, and that after round 2 or 3, most players are of basically the same value.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Every scouting website I've visited has Gilbert as the #1 CB, Hyde the #1 RB, Martin the #1 C, and Lee within the Top 3-5 at WR (you could argue he's the best WR prospect in the draft). In that mock draft, outside of Brown, I don't think any of those guys will fall that low. Will Clarke, I especially like. He fits the bill perfectly for the Bengals D line.

I'd love to see the Bengals take a flyer on Jeff Matthews out of Cornell. Of course he'd be hard pressed to make the roster on Opening Day thus he'd be subjected to the waiver wire after other teams get to see tape on him. I'd hate to develop him on the taxi squad only to have him plucked up by another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'd love to see the Bengals take a flyer on Jeff Matthews out of Cornell. Of course he'd be hard pressed to make the roster on Opening Day thus he'd be subjected to the waiver wire after other teams get to see tape on him. I'd hate to develop him on the taxi squad only to have him plucked up by another team.
    Matthews sounds like a poor man's Roethlisberger with brains. I could get behind that since most of his issues are technique related and he sounds smart enough to be coached up. And if they take him in the 6th or 7th or as UDFA, I wouldn't worry about too many other teams being interested in him.

Turn Off Ads?