Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Regular Season deals and Rumors

2014 Regular Season deals and Rumors

This can be the continuation of the off season thread. This thread can be used for both the Reds and for the rest of MLB.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2014 Regular Season deals and Rumors

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Yankees Designate Eduardo Nunez For Assignment

By Jeff Todd [April 1 at 3:08pm CST]

The Yankees have designated shortstop Eduardo Nunez for assignment, tweets Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. A 40-man roster spot was needed for fellow infielder Yangervis Solarte, who beat out Nunez for the club's utility infield role.

Needless to say, the move represents a disappointing step for the 26-year-old, who was once viewed as the eventual replacement for the legendary Derek Jeter. While it remains to be seen whether this means the end of his time in the New York organization, Nunez could well be headed elsewhere.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...francisco.html

The Blue Jays have agreed to sign corner infielder Juan Francisco, according to a report from Hector Gomez of Dominican radio outlet ZDeportes (via Twitter). Francisco, 26, had spent camp with the Brewers but was released when he lost the battle at first to Mark Reynolds and Lyle Overbay. He is a client of Relativity Baseball.

I think this is a good idea to have everything in one easy to find place during Spring Training, but during the season when the board's more active, I don't think it's necessary to consolidate everything. I'd rather allow users to comment on a particular story if he or she sees fit. If anyone disagrees and would prefer everything in one place, please chime in.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-02-2014)

I see your point, and agree with it -- to an extent. I think bigger deals deserve their own thread, for example Miguel Cabrera extension, but smaller deals like Eduardo Nunez being DFA's should be consoldated into one thread.

Just my 2 cents.

I think the Reds should attempt to get Nunez, I think he would be a better utility IF than Santiago.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 04-02-2014 at 07:30 AM.

8. Likes:

Hubba (04-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I see your point, and agree with it -- to an extent. I think bigger deals deserve their own thread, for example Miguel Cabrera extension, but smaller deals like Eduardo Nunez being DFA's should be consoldated into one thread.

Just my 2 cents.

I think the Reds should attempt to get Nunez, I think he would be a better utility IF than Santiago.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that, but if someone wants to discuss Eduardo Nunez being DFA'd, where do they do that? In the consolidated thread where potentially numerous conversations unrelated to Nunez are ongoing?

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-02-2014)

True, and if it is a topic not many care about it will quickly move down to the 2nd page, so even if there are a lot of threads only the popular ones will survive.

When has the concept of having one thread, ever stopped this board from having multiple threads, about the same topic going, at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    True, and if it is a topic not many care about it will quickly move down to the 2nd page, so even if there are a lot of threads only the popular ones will survive.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    When has the concept of having one thread, ever stopped this board from having multiple threads, about the same topic going, at the same time?
    It hasn't - so aside from Spring Training, which is more specialized (for lack of a better word), it makes me question why we need the same information in multiple places. Like I said, though, I'm open to keeping those two threads stickied if that's what the majority prefer.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I prefer the thread stickied, with links, but no real discussion or commentary. If something warrants more discussion, then a separate thread can be created.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-03-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (04-03-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (04-02-2014)

We'll give it a try.

18. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-02-2014)

Braves Claim Pedro Beato From Reds
    By Jeff Todd [April 2 at 3:07pm CST]
    The Braves have claimed reliever Pedro Beato off of waivers from the Reds, tweets David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Beato will go right onto the team's active roster in time for Friday's game, O'Brien adds (Twitter links), with another reliever likely to be optioned to create space.

Beato, a 6'6" righty, threw last year in the Red Sox organization. He allowed only four earned runs in ten big league frames, but spent most of the year at Triple-A, where he posted a 2.98 ERA over 51 1/3 innings. The 27-year-old saw his most extensive MLB action in 2011with the Mets, when he registered a 4.30 ERA in 67 innings.

Outfielder Dave Sappelt has been released by the Phillies, tweets Cotillo. Sappelt himself said on Twitter that he appreciates the club carrying him while undergoing offseason surgery. The 27-year-old has seen limited action in three big league seasons.

Blue Jays Designate Jeremy Jeffress For Assignment

By Jeff Todd [April 4 at 10:26pm CST]

The Blue Jays announced that they have designated reliever Jeremy Jeffress for assignment, tweets Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca. In a corresponding move, the team recalled righty Marcus Walden to take his roster spot, the club announced.

Jeffress, 26, gave up three hits and a run tonight in what could have been his last appearance for Toronto. He has seen MLB time in five seasons, but has never logged more than 15 1/3 innings in any one season. Jeffress has yet to harness his big arm, as his career 6.7 BB/9 tally in the bigs would indicate. He did put up outstanding results last year, as he put up a 0.87 ERA in 10 1/3 big league frames (10.5 K/9 against 4.4 BB/9) and a 1.39 mark in his 32 1/3 minor league innings (8.4 K/9 against 3.6 BB/9).

22. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (04-06-2014)

Turn Off Ads?