Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any members here who root Android devices?

Re: Are there any members here who root Android devices?

also...when I open the system app mover and check mark the fake gps app and move it....move it where?

I am not real good at this technology stuff so I apologize...I am getting better but its a slow process

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hi lidspinner. I'm guessing you got it rooted? Sorry I was gone for so long but...tax time.

I don't know anything about this Fake GPS app but if you have any other questions about root let me have 'em.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    also...when I open the system app mover and check mark the fake gps app and move it....move it where?

I am not real good at this technology stuff so I apologize...I am getting better but its a slow process
    The one I have doesn't have a check mark. You just click on it and you get a prompt saying "convert x to system app" and you click yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    The one I have doesn't have a check mark. You just click on it and you get a prompt saying "convert x to system app" and you click yes.
    OK... I'm guessing I downloaded a different app.... I'll look again.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Hi lidspinner. I'm guessing you got it rooted? Sorry I was gone for so long but...tax time.

I don't know anything about this Fake GPS app but if you have any other questions about root let me have 'em.
    Thanks friend..... I did get the phone rooted and it's going good so far.... I'm learning more and more each day... I'll refer back to this thread when I do have questions because I'm sure I'll have several. Matter of fact, here's a question that just popped in my mind...... Is there any preferred websites to download apk files? I found a few but I don't know what sites are trusted. Do you have any suggestions?

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Thanks friend..... I did get the phone rooted and it's going good so far.... I'm learning more and more each day... I'll refer back to this thread when I do have questions because I'm sure I'll have several. Matter of fact, here's a question that just popped in my mind...... Is there any preferred websites to download apk files? I found a few but I don't know what sites are trusted. Do you have any suggestions?
    Almost everything, even root required apps, are in the regular old Google Play Store. 99% of what you would need probably. I'm a heavy power user and root and unlock bootloaders and everything and I think every app I have installed is on the Play Store.

Almost everything, even root required apps, are in the regular old Google Play Store. 99% of what you would need probably. I'm a heavy power user and root and unlock bootloaders and everything and I think every app I have installed is on the Play Store.

I'm having trouble with titanium back up or..... It keeps saying "checking for root elevation".... I have no idea what that means and I have checked and I am still rooted and I cannot locate any issues. Have you ever heard of this problem..... I wanted to use titanium to stop att from updating my software to Kitkat but to no avail....

Stat geek...and proud

I have no idea on that one. I'll see what I can dig up on that when I'm not super busy, which probably won't be until Tuesday.

I have no idea on that one. I'll see what I can dig up on that when I'm not super busy, which probably won't be until Tuesday.

take your time...I have sent an email to the titanium dev's to see what they have to say but have not gotten a reply back yet....thanks again for all your effort in helping me through this rooting stuff....its been a constant learning curve but its well worth it IMO..

This is great and very specific information. Does anyone know how to do the same with an iPad? I know I need to jail break but am clueless beyond that.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XU Lou View Post
    This is great and very specific information. Does anyone know how to do the same with an iPad? I know I need to jail break but am clueless beyond that.
    My general computing advice: If you don't even know where to look on how to do something to your device, you don't need to do it to your device and you really shouldn't try to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My general computing advice: If you don't even know where to look on how to do something to your device, you don't need to do it to your device and you really shouldn't try to do it yourself.
    You are probably right, but this is an old iPad I don't use for much of anything so I don't mind experimenting. It would be nice to watch the Reds on it since I do not have cable.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

oh doug....my reds faithful brethren....I have no clue about anything Root related to my Note 3.....I looked up on xda website and spent several hours then days researching until I was more confused that when I started....but I got my phone rooted, and truly dont know anything that I done or how to even go about un rooting it but the amount of things I have been able to do with my phone since its been rooted is truly a blast.....

I was a lifelong iphone user since the very first one and upgraded every single year or sometimes 2 years but I always loved the iphone....then when the note 3 came out I decided to at least give it the ole AT&T 30 day trial run and if I hated it I would just simply go back to the iphone......it took me a few days but I fell in love with all the ways I could customize my phone and all the different things I could do that I could not on the iphone.....it was endless.....I basically have the note 3 but I can easily switch launchers every month or 3 and have a completely different phone....I love the bigger screen and I love the S pen stylus and all it can do.......but then I rooted my phone and knew 100% of nothing about what it even meant to root a phone.....now I am hooked....I can watch every MLB game without dealing with blackouts, I can stream wifi for free, I can get free music, I can get rid of bloatware and or anything for that matter that I dont want on my phone that AT&T so loves to brand us with everytime they put out a phone.....The list is endless.....with the tasker app and a rooted phone I can simply create anu set of rules I want.....its amazing.....my wife and daughter both thought I was crazy to leave the iphone and then they thought I was really nuts for rooting.....their contracts are up this summer and they both cannot wait to jump over the note 4 when it comes out at summers end.

my advice is the exact opposite of dougs....even if you are not sure about it....read up on it for a few weeks and get a feel for what your doing....youtube is your friend when it comes to this.....once rooted you will just search webistes for everything you can do and you will start to find that you are dealing with an entire new phone......its truly not hard, just a little time consuming if your like me and know nothing at all.....

when it comes to apple products, I cannot advise on jailbreaking as I have heard to many horror stories but I am sure just like wiht an android, if you put the time in research then I am sure you will get along just fine. take your time and dont rush anything...

Turn Off Ads?