Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letterman to retire in 2015

Re: Letterman to retire in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JayStubbs View Post
    Another middle aged, white guy. Hooray

(Although for Les Moonves, this is like hiring Kat Williams)
    Who hosts a completely different type of show.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Who hosts a completely different type of show.
    He might. I have no idea what his show will look like. I don't know enough about his actual personality.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    He might. I have no idea what his show will look like. I don't know enough about his actual personality.
    What I meant was that the show he hosts now is completely different. He may end up fit into the mold; who knows? Odds are that he'll be somewhat fresh, though.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Reports are coming in that it was first offered to Craig Ferguson, who turned it down. This is in conflict with what CBS officially said, who said his show was too narrow for that time slot. But now it seems he had a right of first refusal in his contract. The same reports are guessing that Ferguson will be quitting the talk show game next year to get back into acting, which is probably why he turned it down. Same reports are saying the next choice was Jon Stewart, who also turned it down.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?