Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you just know

Re: Sometimes you just know

I have no idea why Todd is posting here at this time if the regular season doesn't matter.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I have no idea why Todd is posting here at this time if the regular season doesn't matter.
    Prepping for the postseason run silly.

All I know is that i'm not shaving again until the Reds win another game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Since it got bumped so often during good times, only seems fair to me to drag the bottom of the pond one more time.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

6. Likes:

AmarilloRed (07-28-2014),Z-Fly (07-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    The Cincinnati Reds are tied for the 4th most World Series titles. Baseball is hard.

Attachment 7535
    Thanks for posting this. It has given me some tiny bit of ammunition to throw back at my wife's family when they brag about how many World Series the Cardinals have one. Since the end of the 1960's, we've won exactly the same number as them. And your point about this not being easy is exactly right.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    The Cincinnati Reds are tied for the 4th most World Series titles. Baseball is hard.

Attachment 7535
    I would say they are tied for 8th. Giants, A's and Dodgers really should not be separated by their moves.

Have the Cubs really not won since 1908?????? Somebody should mention that, because that is a looooong time.

9. Likes:

Donder (07-28-2014)

They call me "chef"

I knew the Reds weren't for real. Read my post history- I called it before the season started. This team is missing the spark they need to contend and Sleeping Walt is too in love with REM (rapid eye movement) to make an HTM (helpful trade movement). Hate to say it but "I told you how it was and I was right about what I told you about how it was."

11. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-28-2014)

He knew!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I would say they are tied for 8th. Giants, A's and Dodgers really should not be separated by their moves.

Have the Cubs really not won since 1908?????? Somebody should mention that, because that is a looooong time.
    Okay, the Cubs haven't won the WS since 1908.

Really, they should be forced to wear a patch with that number on their uniforms. A scarlet patch.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Who said the regular season doesn't matter? This team has already proved it matters because that's usually when they don't have that glassy look in their eyes.

Look, I can't help that some of you guys are SUPERFANS for this team/franchise. If you guys want to settle for choke jobs in the playoffs, then be my guest.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 07-29-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Worth The Wait

Orioles
    Yankees
    Rays
    Red Sox
    Tigers
    Twins
    White Sox
    A's
    Angels
    Rangers
    Mariners
    Astros
    Mets
    Braves
    Phillies
    Marlins
    Cubs
    Cardinals
    Brewers
    Dodgers
    Giants
    Diamondbacks
    Rockies
    Padres

The group of teams that have won a post season series and made it at least as far at the LCS since the 1996

Reds
    Pirates
    Nationals
    Blue Jays
    Royals

The list of teams that have not won a series since 1995

And it's not like the Reds have won the division eight times in between and just couldn't advance. Since 1995, the Reds have been a bad organization. 2010-2013 were good years--- but if that four year stretch signifies your highest high (by far) over an almost 20 year span, well that's pretty pathetic. There are some teams on that top list that have actually probably given their fans less to cheer about overall since 1995, but they also at least delivered a more premium peak.

I think this is why you still see a lot of moaning from Reds fans despite the run of (relative) recent success. In the short view, these last few seasons have been pretty good. In the longview, we are likely talking about a team that has only participated in two post season series (both losses) in 19 years.

16. Likes:

Todd Gack (07-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Orioles
    Yankees
    Rays
    Red Sox
    Tigers
    Twins
    White Sox
    A's
    Angels
    Rangers
    Mariners
    Astros
    Mets
    Braves
    Phillies
    Marlins
    Cubs
    Cardinals
    Brewers
    Dodgers
    Giants
    Diamondbacks
    Rockies
    Padres

The group of teams that have won a post season series and made it at least as far at the LCS since the 1996

Reds
    Pirates
    Nationals
    Blue Jays
    Royals

The list of teams that have not won a series since 1995

And it's not like the Reds have won the division eight times in between and just couldn't advance. Since 1995, the Reds have been a bad organization. 2010-2013 were good years--- but if that four year stretch signifies your highest high (by far) over an almost 20 year span, well that's pretty pathetic. There are some teams on that top list that have actually probably given their fans less to cheer about overall since 1995, but they also at least delivered a more premium peak.

I think this is why you still see a lot of moaning from Reds fans despite the run of (relative) recent success. In the short view, these last few seasons have been pretty good. In the longview, we are likely talking about a team that has only participated in two post season series (both losses) in 19 years.
    I have no qualms with what you've posted.

The Reds were a pretty bad organization for over a decade. It's undeniable.

You would think that would make certain posters have perspective about the current front office and how they've turned things around though.

Instead it's "Votto gets paid $225 million to walk and this team hasn't accomplished anything. Fire sleepy Walt".
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

18. Likes:

HokieRed (07-29-2014)

I had a feeling last night was the bottom. Time for patience and faith.

Colorado with out Stars Tulo and Gonzo, Crush the Reds.. Season is over.. sadly Walt and Bob are blind to this teams weaknesses and no accountability.. How many losses is Price going to hand to Hoover??? He trying to help him set a record??? Why did they even bother bringing Partch up if they planned to not even pitch him tonight.. he has a .000 ERA.. Better option then Hoover!!. Yea Chapman looked bad.. he doesnt do it consistently like Hoover.. Hoover have anything on the coaches??.. why else is he allowed to collect losses like this out of the pen??

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Sure they should, if a team abandons a city they should not be able to take that history with them, the Mets and Phillies should be the ones claiming those titles.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?