Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Need some help.....

Need some help.....

OK, my turn to ask for some help. I am in a Yahoo 5 X 5 12 team league. It is a very competitive league, and there is not much of anything decent on FA wire.

I need another closer, and looking at the 2 following trades as possibilities. What do you think of either deal....

Oswalt for Billy Wagner
    I give up about 15 wins and 200 K for 35-40 saves.

Schilling for Zito and Wagner
    With Zito for Schilling, I only loose about 100K and I add 35-40 saves.

My Roster is.....
    C LaRue, Jason
    1B Sexson, Richie
    2B Castillo, Luis
    3B Glaus, Troy
    SS Boone, Aaron
    OF Wells, Vernon
    OF Pierre, Juan
    OF Ordonez, Magglio
    Util Dunn, Adam
    Bench Ibanez, Raul
    Bench Thomas, Frank
    Bench Phelps, Josh
    Bench Casey, Sean

SP Schilling, Curt
    SP Oswalt, Roy
    RP Julio, Jorge
    RP
    P Armas Jr., Tony
    P Hampton, Mike
    P Lawrence, Brian
    Bench Eaton, Adam
    Bench Reynolds, Shane
    DL Nen, RobbDL

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I would do the Schilling for Zito and Wagner trade. IMO, that's a good trade for you. I don't like the Oswalt for Wagner trade as it leaves your rotation thin. In this deal, you're getting back Zito to compensate for the loss of Schilling AND a top flight closer. Good deal if you ask me. Zito is on a team that will score runs and he has a good bullpen, so he will get his W's and his bullpen will preserve them. I like this trade a lot.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I don't like the Owswalt deal and wouldn't do it. But I'd do the Schilling deal. I love Zito and he'd be a great asset to your team.

Thanks for the comments, but looks like it does not matter anymore.

I just love the attitude of some FBL players. This guy proposes to me trade of Wagner and Randy Winn for Sexson and Oswalt. I counter with the Schilling and Frank Thomas for Zito and Wagner. He rejects the trade with the comment....

"dude, what I offered you was fair... this is *hit"

Really frustrating part is that this is the same guy that spent the first 2 weeks of the season offering trades of his bench players for everyone else's starters.

Same team again, too late to check anyway, but made a few moves/trades on this team and want to see what you all think of them...

Current Roster...
    C Marrero, Eli
    1B Sexson, Richie
    2B Castillo, Luis
    3B Glaus, Troy
    SS Boone, Aaron
    OF Pierre, Juan
    OF Ordonez, Magglio
    OF Wells, Vernon
    Util Dunn, Adam
    Bench Ibanez, Raul
    Bench Gonzalez, Juan
    Bench Phelps, Josh

Schilling, Curt
    SP Oswalt, Roy
    RP Julio, Jorge
    RP German, Franklyn
    P Lawrence, Brian
    P Johnson, Jason
    P Hampton, Mike
    Bench Eaton, Adam
    Bench Armas, Tony
    DL Nen, Robb

Made 2 deals...
    Oswalt for Guardado and Washburn
    Juan Gonzalez and Ibanez for Maddux

The return on Oswalt is great IMO
    Gonzalez/Ibanez for Maddux could get me, but with the extra OF, and the chance that Gonzalez will get hurt and the need for Pitching, I figured it was worth the chance.

Thoughts?

Turn Off Ads?