Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Good Cause" to quit job?

Re: "Good Cause" to quit job?

Wow crazy stuff, sorry to hear this story. Sounds like you made the only move that you could without putting yourself in danger.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Wow crazy stuff, sorry to hear this story. Sounds like you made the only move that you could without putting yourself in danger.
    I think I made the best choice given the circumstances. Thanks for your kind words.

When are you, your brother, and your pops coming to Coors Field for some more baseball?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

File and argue unsafe working conditions. You never know. He might not fight you on it. Your old boss sounds too busy to deal with working conditions in the shop. Maybe he's too busy to contest your claim. You have the burden of proof, but if you've already quit, and if you're not going to pay a lawyer, you don't have anything to lose. File your claim here and good luck: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1248095315223
    Stick to your guns.

5. Likes:

cincyinco (04-16-2014),Larkin Fan (04-21-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (04-16-2014),Rojo (04-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    File and argue unsafe working conditions. You never know. He might not fight you on it. Your old boss sounds too busy to deal with working conditions in the shop. Maybe he's too busy to contest your claim. You have the burden of proof, but if you've already quit, and if you're not going to pay a lawyer, you don't have anything to lose. File your claim here and good luck: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1248095315223
    I assure you, he would not be too busy to fight my claim. But I still might give this a try, while I look for a new job today.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

You should have kicked the guy's butt when he was drunk. Drunks can't fight.

8. Likes:

cincyinco (04-22-2014)

Colorado is a partial right to work state. It allows employers and employees to terminate their employment at any time. Reasons for termination of employment do not need to be provided at time of separation, nor is either party obligated to provide advanced notice of the separation. The state will fight you at first but the state can not deny you. Your work will probably play hard ball with you with unemployment papers.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

10. Likes:

cincyinco (04-22-2014),Kingspoint (04-16-2014)

It's definitely important that your wife supports you and you walked away instead of being violent. An option could be to get a restraining order, that way if he does come around, he will absolutely be dealt with legally with police involved. You have a family and children which isn't taken lightly...if it was just you it may be a different story but it's not. Your boss seems like he doesn't want to get involved so he doesn't have to get police or any legal action involved so I would take it into your own hands. If this continues to happen with that individual even when you aren't working there anymore, I would look into a restraining order for your family's safety.

12. Likes:

cincyinco (04-22-2014)

Maybe you could eliminate the threat before it eliminates you.

Not sure. We have been touring some different areas in the US for sports.... we loved Coors though and hope to make it back in the next few seasons.

Just wanted to update..

Started work on the 12th. Pretty much landed a dream job for me working in the music industry. I landed an incredible opportunity with a company called Beatport that sells digital music specializing in electronic dance music related content.

Making more money, working regular hours, sick benefits and vacation, and world class djs play in my office on Fridays. And you know what's even better? I'm only 2 blocks away from Coors Field.

Thanks everyone for your concern, your advice, and your words. Sláinte!

-Hunter S. Thompson

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-22-2014),cumberlandreds (05-23-2014),dfs (05-22-2014),foxfire123 (06-01-2014),HeatherC1212 (06-13-2014),jimbo (05-22-2014),klw (06-04-2014),nmculbreth (05-22-2014),Patrick Bateman (05-24-2014),Ravenlord (05-22-2014),RichRed (05-22-2014),Rojo (05-22-2014),SunDeck (05-22-2014),UKFlounder (05-22-2014),Yachtzee (05-23-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Just wanted to update..

Started work on the 12th. Pretty much landed a dream job for me working in the music industry. I landed an incredible opportunity with a company called Beatport that sells digital music specializing in electronic dance music related content.

Making more money, working regular hours, sick benefits and vacation, and world class djs play in my office on Fridays. And you know what's even better? I'm only 2 blocks away from Coors Field.

Brag much?

Glad to hear things worked out very well for you.

As a sidenote, if Diplo ever shows up at your work, feel free to tell him he's a moron.

It's good to hear that some things do work out for the best. Good for you!

Just wanted to update..

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Brag much?

Glad to hear things worked out very well for you.

As a sidenote, if Diplo ever shows up at your work, feel free to tell him he's a moron.
    Hey, just sharing the good news. Hows the old saying go? When one door closes another one opens.

And whats your beef with Diplo? lol. I dont care for his music, but why's he a moron?

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    It's good to hear that some things do work out for the best. Good for you!
    Things have worked out great for me. I'm truly fortunate. Thank you Flounder, and everyone.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Hey, just sharing the good news. Hows the old saying go? When one door closes another one opens.

And whats your beef with Diplo? lol. I dont care for his music, but why's he a moron?
    The only reason that I even know who Diplo is, is because he got into it with a photographer. Either Diplo, or his management posted an altered image from this photographer on either FB or IG without the photographers permission (DCMA/Copyright violation). The photographer asked for it the photo credit. His response was "we let you backstage, how about you don't come next year". It all exploded from there in the photography community to the point where Diplo actually agreed to talk about it with a reporter at one site. He probably answered 15-20 questions. Not a single word was capitalized. He still didn't seem to understand that you can't just search google images and then use them. Which is strange, because you know he understands that I can't just go to youtube and then use his music to promote something of mine.... After reading all of his words, I can't help but think that the guy is a moron. Maybe he is the Kanye West of the EDM realm (great music, but somehow when he talks you can't actually believe the things he says).

22. Likes:

cincyinco (05-31-2014)

Turn Off Ads?