Going to try something new here that I would suggest be stickied. During the course of the minor league season, many - myself included - frequently clamor for and question when certain prospects should be promoted to the next level. I thought we could keep an active thread for speculation on such topics.
Two weeks into the regular season, here are my top candidates that should be considered for the earliest promotions of the year (but likely not until a month from now, and only if they keep up their strong starts):
1. RHP Ben Lively to Pensacola - should've started there in the first place, and his performance has justified that notion. I'd give him 2-3 more starts in Bakersfield, and then give him the nod if he keeps it up.
2. LHP Ismael Guillon to Bakersfield - he's shown he's finally mastered Dayton after almost 3 years. He's ready to be challenged in Bakersfield.
3. CF Junior Arias to Pensacola - great start to the year, could play alongside his fellow 2008 signees Yorman and Duran in a talented Pensacola OF. Could open up the Bakersfield CF for Ervin.
4. OF Kyle Waldrop to Pensacola - needs more time to show it, but has also started strong.
5. OF Jesse Winker to Pensacola - could be the hitting equivalent of Lively aka the fast-mover of 2014. His promotion could bump Yorman to Louisville, once he shows he's ready of course.
Things I wanted to see but have seen no evidence for yet:
1. OF Phil Ervin to Bakersfield - hasn't started all that hot, despite starting at a level I thought might be conservative for him.
2. C Jose Ortiz to Dayton - Wish he would've started there in the first place, but maybe if the Reds draft a college catcher in the top 5 rounds it will spur them to bump Ortiz to Dayton in order to make room for that catcher in Billings.
3. OF Yorman Rodriguez to Louisville - first HR of the season but still hitting under the mendoza line. As is the case with Ervin to Bakersfield, this move could likely happen if/when the last of the Bakersfield OF is promoted to Pensacola, and might not happen at all if Yorman doesn't hit.