Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotion Watch

Re: Promotion Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Why did he spend any time at the big leagues then? Was that a Dusty Baker thing?
    He was on the 40 man roster.

2. Likes:

Z-Fly (04-17-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Is Winker is on the Jay Bruce express? Bruce spent his age 20 season going from A+(67 games) to AA (16) to AAA (15). They have very similar OPS through this point. I'd love to see Winker make his ML debut sometime next year, but that could be pushing it.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Why did he spend any time at the big leagues then? Was that a Dusty Baker thing?
    If I recall correctly, Lutz and Yorman were the only other 40 man OF options at the time.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    If I recall correctly, Lutz and Yorman were the only other 40 man OF options at the time.
    and I think Yorman was injured that time someone was needed => not much they could do... but Lutz has a great start so far this year
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

If they keep up at their current paces over the next ten days, I'd consider giving both Lutz and Waldrop a bump at the end of the month. Both players already have a year at their current levels under their belt, and aren't particularly young for their current level. Both are also currently dominating at their levels, and both play a position (LF) that currently has or at least will have a need at the big league level by this time next season.
    Go BLUE!!!

Agree with what you said Benihana...

At any point you want or need to, the Reds could toss the entire Louisville OF onto the scrapheap and do promotions. LaMarre included. Clear AA for some Bakersfield guys. Move some real prospects to AAA.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    At any point you want or need to, the Reds could toss the entire Louisville OF onto the scrapheap and do promotions. LaMarre included. Clear AA for some Bakersfield guys. Move some real prospects to AAA.
    The Reds aren't going to be cutting LaMarre. There is actual talent to work with there, even if the people who want to try and scout box scores don't think there is.

11. Likes:

HokieRed (04-23-2014),marcshoe (04-23-2014),OGB (04-23-2014),Old school 1983 (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    If they keep up at their current paces over the next ten days, I'd consider giving both Lutz and Waldrop a bump at the end of the month. Both players already have a year at their current levels under their belt, and aren't particularly young for their current level. Both are also currently dominating at their levels, and both play a position (LF) that currently has or at least will have a need at the big league level by this time next season.
    Agree with the idea but think the time frame's too soon. Give them each 200 PA and see how they're doing. Also Waldrop is much younger relative to level than Lutz. They're a half level apart and Lutz is very nearly a full three years older.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Reds aren't going to be cutting LaMarre. There is actual talent to work with there, even if the people who want to try and scout box scores don't think there is.
    I see a Cf/Of with a poor glove, good arm, good speed, very little xbh pwr, avg'ish hit tool, and a decent eye? They best start working fast since his first 1934 PAs don't get me too excited that the work will ever pan out.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I see a Cf/Of with a poor glove, good arm, good speed, very little xbh pwr, avg'ish hit tool, and a decent eye? They best start working fast since his first 1934 PAs don't get me too excited that the work will ever pan out.
    LaMarre is well known to be a very good defender in CF, so I have no clue where you are getting the poor glove part.

Like Drew Stubbs before him, the power hasn't shown up often in the minors, but it is in there. It may or may not come around, but that is the problem with looking at the stats and trying to see a scouting report.... you miss a lot.

Lively, Lutz and Guillon should be bumped, IMO. Best to do when legit prospects, like these guys, are on the crest of a wave.

16. Likes:

Benihana (04-24-2014)

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Article on Guillon's outing from milb.com.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Lively, Lutz and Guillon should be bumped, IMO. Best to do when legit prospects, like these guys, are on the crest of a wave.
    Completely agree. I was thinking of redoing the list today:

1. Ismael Guillon LHP - A to A+ - He has nothing left to prove in Dayton
    2. Donald Lutz OF - AA to AAA - No reason he's not in Louisville
    3. Ben Lively RHP - A+ to AA - he is below the other two not based off performance or readiness, but mainly because there is not a spot for him in the Pensacola rotation yet (shouldn't usually matter - but all of the Pensacola SP are prospects)
    4. Kyle Waldrop OF - A+ to AA - Replaces Lutz in Pensacola
    5. Jesse Winker OF - A+ to AA - Probably another month in Bakersfield before moving to Pensacola

KEEP AN EYE ON

Junior Arias OF
    Yorman Rodriguez OF

DISAPPOINTING START

Phil Ervin OF - but of course it's still very early
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-24-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Completely agree. I was thinking of redoing the list today:

1. Ismael Guillon LHP - A to A+ - He has nothing left to prove in Dayton
    So one solid month in Dayton where he was able to throw strikes in two of four starts after walking 95 batters the year before leaves Guillon with nothing left to prove in Dayton? Can't say I agree with that.

Not saying he won't be promoted, but in his previous two starts he had 7 walks and 8 strikeouts over 10.1 innings.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-24-2014)

Turn Off Ads?