Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Leake, Best of the Bunch?

Re: Mike Leake, Best of the Bunch?

Now that's the Leake I know....oh well could do worse for a #5 pitcher I guess.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Now that's the Leake I know....oh well could do worse for a #5 pitcher I guess.
    Right. Because 100 million dollar man hasn't had a start like this this season.

4. Likes:

jimbo (04-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Right. Because 100 million dollar man hasn't had a start like this this season.
    Good argument...since 2 wrongs make a right.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Good argument...since 2 wrongs make a right.
    No, context is everything. Compare season performance.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Then think of it as four years of VERY good defense.
    I do think of it that way....but it's not like Leake hasn't had anything to do with the success. I mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I do think of it that way....but it's not like Leake hasn't had anything to do with the success. I mean come on.
    How specifically has he controlled his strand rate?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Good job by Leake to keep us in the game....credit where credit is due...and nice hit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I understand that you're not trying to be "snarkish", but I have a VERY hard time dismissing 4+ years of success to luck.

Well then break the 4 years down into smaller chunks and find fault. It's the path to not being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Well then break the 4 years down into smaller chunks and find fault. It's the path to not being wrong.
    Have you ever went into Gander Mountain and been accused of stealing a duck call and stink bait?

Regardless, what's your explanation for how he specifically controlled his strand rate?
    Last edited by jojo; 04-21-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Confusing game for Leake.

Giving up a grand slam to Ike Davis... Something an average 5th starter would do.
    That's all you give up, and keeping the team in the game after that... Something a mid rotation starter would do.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Regardless, what's your explanation for how he specifically controlled his strand rate?
    Don't need one, I got sample sizes!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Don't need one, I got sample sizes!
    Actually you've got obfuscation and illigetimate snark. There's a large sample demonstrating the impact of the Reds defense.
    Last edited by jojo; 04-21-2014 at 11:17 PM.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Actually you've got obfuscation and illigetimate snark. There's a large sample demonstrating the impact of the Reds defense.
    Also: facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Also: facts.
    Agreed, the facts and sample size all point to the effect of defense.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Agreed, the facts and sample size all point to the effect of defense.
    (I was referring to Rojo.)

Turn Off Ads?