Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo... Pineda

Sooooo... Pineda

http://m.mlb.com/news/2014/04/23/731...stance-on-neck

Just amazed that it was pretty blatantly obvious he used a substance last time against the sox, and he went for it again... Sox were on the lookout tonight! Girardi's reaction is humorous to me. 10 games?

What's your view on this?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sooooo... Pineda

I don´t get it.. you cheated, they caught you, you lied to the media, you got away with it on the field and you do the same few days later against the same team? that is just stupid imo
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4. Likes:

Always Red (04-24-2014),Driver62 (04-24-2014),joshua (04-24-2014),krm1580 (04-23-2014),Red Raindog (04-23-2014),Tom Servo (04-23-2014)

Ban him for life, along with the rest of the team.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-24-2014),joshua (04-24-2014),LexRedsFan (04-24-2014),The Operator (04-24-2014)

YES announcer thinks the rule is not fair.

I'm sorry but that was some sweet comeuppance.

The Yankees radio announcers Sterling and Walden are so bad, I have no idea how anybody enjoys listening to them. They make Marty look professional.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-24-2014),Chip R (04-24-2014)

Maybe next time he'll just bring the pine tar to the mound with him instead of putting it on himself?

Everything I am reading is that this is very widespread, pitchers on every team do it, and the only reason this was an issue was that he was blatant about it.

12. Likes:

757690 (04-24-2014)

Honestly, if you're going to do this, don't put it in the most obvious and visible place. Especially against a team that has already questioned your use of a foreign substance. That's really just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Ban him for life, along with the rest of the team.
    I'd be satisfied with just banning his team from television.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

15. Likes:

757690 (04-24-2014),Falcon7 (04-24-2014),Larkin Fan (04-24-2014),texasdave (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Everything I am reading is that this is very widespread, pitchers on every team do it, and the only reason this was an issue was that he was blatant about it.
    Pretty much. Grip is uber important for command. Frankly, most hitters probably pray that Chapman has a little pine tar hidden somewhere on his person. The problem with Pineda on the other hand was that if you got a hit off of him, the ump could call you out for too much pine tar on your bat.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Personally, I believe that doctoring of the ball should be permitted. Since it's against the rules now, players like Pineda who get caught should face the consequences of their actions. But I wouldn't have a problem if they legalized it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

757690 (04-24-2014)

What happened to the days of a rosin bag? Can pitchers still use that? If so why does he need pine tar?

20. Likes:

Redeyecat (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What happened to the days of a rosin bag? Can pitchers still use that? If so why does he need pine tar?
    Yes, they still have the rosin bag, but isn't rosin the exact opposite of what you need to get a grip when it's cold and dry out?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-24-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Personally, I believe that doctoring of the ball should be permitted. Since it's against the rules now, players like Pineda who get caught should face the consequences of their actions. But I wouldn't have a problem if they legalized it.
    If you believe that it's ok for a pitcher to use things other than god given abilities then surely you believe that hitters should be afforded the same opportunities (PEDs)with no penalties?
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    If you believe that it's ok for a pitcher to use things other than god given abilities then surely you believe that hitters should be afforded the same opportunities (PEDs)with no penalties?
    What difference is there between a spitball and a forkball, splitter, palmball, good changeup? Nothing. The spitball ban was put into place for two reasons: 1. Ray Chapman was hit and killed by an alleged spitball by Carl Mays. 2. They wanted to increase offense. Well, they have helmets now and there is offense a plenty.

One difference between juicing and doctoring the ball is that when you doctor the ball, you don't put your own physical health in danger as you do by juicing. Also doctoring the ball is not against the law.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?