Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Ravech destroying Billy Hamilton on the BBTN podcast

Re: Karl Ravech destroying Billy Hamilton on the BBTN podcast

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I don't know, that catch he made in the 7th last night was pretty sparkly.
    I was passed out on Scotch.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

2. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-30-2014), RedTeamGo! (04-30-2014), RichRed (04-30-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (04-30-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    That post was my version of your "Rocco" posts. :O)

I'm waiting for someone to say Bart Allen. *grin* If there were more than 4, I'm not aware of them.
    Ivana Christina Borodin Molotova

beat that.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I was passed out on Scotch.
    Who is Scotch?
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

6. Likes:

Chuckie (05-01-2014), Degenerate39 (05-03-2014), joshua (05-01-2014)

Anyone want to see Hamilton batting 9th instead of 1st?
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    ďIím a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.Ē - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

9. Likes:

Big Klu (05-01-2014), Crumbley (05-01-2014), kbrake (05-01-2014), Larkin Fan (05-02-2014), swaisuc (05-01-2014), westofyou (05-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    He hasn't made any dazzling plays yet, but you know it will happen. I've never seen anyone cover that much ground before.

He almost got to a gap shot the other day that no centerfielder in the league could track down. It was eye opening.

I don't know if he'll ever be much of a hitter, but his defense is a no brainer, especially as he matures.
    I liked Choo as a player, and I was hoping the Reds could have found a way to keep him (though not at that price tag), but I can't tell you how many times already this season I've seen Hamilton make a catch and said to myself, "Choo would never have gotten to that ball."

I liked Stubbs defensively--he seemed to glide in the outfield. But I think Hamilton has the edge on him, too.

Defensively, Billy reminds me of Eric Davis (another converted SS).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

Redeyecat (05-02-2014), REDREAD (05-01-2014), wheels (05-02-2014)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Billy doesn't pitch.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Who is Scotch?
    Scotch or Scotty or Scotty on Scotch?

14. Likes:

wheels (05-03-2014)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

I was saying this all offseason. I think it would take some of the pressures off of him and he would still be on when the big boppers come up. Although, he has started showing to me that he might be able to handle leadoff. It also goes back to if not Bham, then who? I dont think we have a viable candidate at this time on the roster.

It is May 2,2014.

As of this morning, Billy Hamilton is on pace to be a 2 WAR player.....i.e. in his rookie campaign, as of May 2nd, Hamilton is on pace to be a major league average starting position player (playing a premium position).

He looks to grade out as a plus defender in CF (not gold glove caliber but second tier good) and a pretty bad bat who makes up offensive ground with base running.

None of these things are surprises to anyone. The question that remains is will he continue to get on base like he has over the last two weeks? I'm more comfortable predicting his defensive value than his offensive value going forward. Should be interesting to watch regardless of where the Reds are in the standings.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

17. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2014), Chuckie (05-02-2014), Redeyecat (05-02-2014), REDREAD (05-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Not everyone can leap directly from base to base like you can. Those superhuman powers tend to be rare.
    If everyone was super, no one would be super. I think that's from a movie.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It is May 2,2014.

As of this morning, Billy Hamilton is on pace to be a 2 WAR player.....i.e. in his rookie campaign, as of May 2nd, Hamilton is on pace to be a major league average starting position player (playing a premium position).

He looks to grade out as a plus defender in CF (not gold glove caliber but second tier good) and a pretty bad bat who makes up offensive ground with base running.

None of these things are surprises to anyone. The question that remains is will he continue to get on base like he has over the last two weeks? I'm more comfortable predicting his defensive value than his offensive value going forward. Should be interesting to watch regardless of where the Reds are in the standings.
    Not complaining about your plus CF defense rating, but what if anything has he done to be "not gold glove caliber"?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Not complaining about your plus CF defense rating, but what if anything has he done to be "not gold glove caliber"?
    He hasn't been good enough. Its an eye thing.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It is May 2,2014.

A big issue is his recent HR. It raised his production numbers greatly, without it, he's closer to replacement level overall.

The question is, can he hit more HR's, which he needs to do to keep up this level of production, or was that HR lucky hit that may not happen again thus year? Also, will that HR cause pitchers to pitch Hamilton differently? I guess we'll see.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

I think he can hit a few HR a year. Not many, but I think he can definitely hit more than 1. He's no Alex Cole.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

23. Likes:

REDREAD (05-05-2014)

Turn Off Ads?