Thread: Harang No-No Through 7

Harang No-No Through 7

...vs. the Mets.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harang No-No Through 7

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    ...vs. the Mets.
    Why do you hate Harang?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

4. Likes:

Larkin Fan (04-18-2014), PepperJack (04-18-2014), SirFelixCat (04-19-2014), villain612 (04-18-2014), Wonderful Monds (04-18-2014)

Stat geek...and proud

I hope he gets it.... Pitch count isn't looking pretty though.

There's no such thing as jinxs.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

...looks like skipper hates him more....didn't go out for the 8th. At 121 pitches he was done.

There's no Walt only Zuul villain612's Avatar

...looks like skipper hates him more....didn't go out for the 8th. At 121 pitches he was done.

They have a 5 run cushion. That's very lame.

Unless Harang told him he had nothing left, I leave him in.
    "The key to winning baseball games is pitching, fundamentals, and three run homers."

Stat geek...and proud

Wright got a hit.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/24/14. I promise.

121 pitches is a lot for the old man, especially when they need healthy pitchers.

10. Likes:

GAC (04-19-2014), westofyou (04-18-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (04-19-2014)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    They have a 5 run cushion. That's very lame.

Unless Harang told him he had nothing left, I leave him in.
    Unless your plans don't include pitching Harang in another start this season, it's a pretty easy choice to remove him.

It's not like a no hitter is exceptionally rare. Often more random luck than complete domination.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Unless your plans don't include pitching Harang in another start this season, it's a pretty easy choice to remove him.

It's not like a no hitter is exceptionally rare. Often more random luck than complete domination.
    His arm doesn't explode after a certain number of pitches, especially if you take it easy on him the next start. Statistically yes, no hitters are not a big deal but I bet it would have been a huge deal to Harang which is all that matters. A guy that has had a great career with no postseason moments. It sure looked like it meant a lot to him when he got the k to end the 7th. He is a guy they got off the scrap heap a few weeks ago. The Braves win total probably doesn't change at all whether he makes another start or not. I would have given the veteran the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    His arm doesn't explode after a certain number of pitches, especially if you take it easy on him the next start. Statistically yes, no hitters are not a big deal but I bet it would have been a huge deal to Harang which is all that matters. A guy that has had a great career with no postseason moments. It sure looked like it meant a lot to him when he got the k to end the 7th. He is a guy they got off the scrap heap a few weeks ago. The Braves win total probably doesn't change at all whether he makes another start or not. I would have given the veteran the choice.
    Are we sure he wasn't given the choice?

Are we sure he wasn't given the choice?
    By the talk Gonzalez had with him in the dugout I assume not.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Or... you are in the 15th inning (or whatever) in a game at SD. You must win that one regular season game!

JK. Back to discussing the decision to remove an older pitcher after 120+ pitches for a slim chance that he sets down 6 more guys with a tired arm. Nice job tonight AARON!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

It looked like he had another 50 or 60 pitches in him at least to me.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Put it in perspective - it was only the 7th. He was at 121 pitches. Averaging a bit over 17 per inning. Even if he got the no-no and bettered his pitch count average - say another 25 pitches, that's 146 pitches. If he got the last 6 outs with what he averaged for a count to that point he'd have 155 pitches when the game ended. Had it been 8 innings I send him out for the ninth but not at 121 in 7 innings.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It looked like he had another 50 or 60 pitches in him at least to me.
    They're saving those for extra innings in tomorrow night's game.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch thatís over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.Ē
    --Ted Williams

19. Likes:

pahster (04-19-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (04-18-2014), reds44 (04-21-2014)

Turn Off Ads?