Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harang No-No Through 7

There's no Walt only Zuul villain612's Avatar

Re: Harang No-No Through 7

We'll never know if he had the option or not, but again, they were up by 5 runs.

If it was a close ball game, no problem at all with pulling him. But it wasn't.
    "That ball is FAIR! Cincinnati's ahead 2 games to none!" - the last World Series game played in Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

I was rooting for Harang. He will always be one of my favorite Reds.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

4. Likes:

Always Red (04-19-2014), Slyder (04-19-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (04-19-2014)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    They're saving those for extra innings in tomorrow night's game.
    Good one. Apparently that arguably pivotal aspect of Harang's tenure with the Reds has been widely forgotten.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Good one. Apparently that arguably pivotal aspect of Harang's tenure with the Reds has been widely forgotten.
    I was actually surprised no one got there before I did.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Good to see you around Steel. Didn't realize it took a blast from the Reds past to make it happen... Very happy for Harang that he's having some success. He was a good dude and one of the very few bright spots through the lost decade. I'm sure he enjoys having Andrelton Simmons.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    121 pitches is a lot for the old man, especially when they need healthy pitchers.
    Yeah. I could be wrong, but the only reason Aaron is in a Brave's uni, and in the rotation ... after being released in late Spring by the Indians .... is because of the plethora of injuries to the Braves starting rotation, and they needed bodies. They've gotten nailed big time!

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...immons-heyward

For a team of extremes, one thing the Braves expected to rely on was their starting pitching. But the team lost projected opening day starter Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to season-ending elbow injuries in spring training. Braves general manager Frank Wren quickly signed free-agent Ervin Santana, but the rotation remains thin, especially early in the season. Mike Minor, who had a sore shoulder early in the spring, is expected to be ready in mid-April. Gavin Floyd, recovering from surgery to repair the ulnar collateral ligament and a torn flexor muscle in his right elbow, could join the rotation in May. Atlanta cut Garcia late in spring training and signed Harang after he was released from a minor league contract by Cleveland.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Put it in perspective - it was only the 7th. He was at 121 pitches. Averaging a bit over 17 per inning. Even if he got the no-no and bettered his pitch count average - say another 25 pitches, that's 146 pitches. If he got the last 6 outs with what he averaged for a count to that point he'd have 155 pitches when the game ended. Had it been 8 innings I send him out for the ninth but not at 121 in 7 innings.
    I agree. I would loved for Harang to get the no-hitter but asking or even just letting him go for it when it meant a 150+ pitch outing in April could not have been in the best interest of either him o r his team.
    I always liked him and wish him well, other than when he faces the Reds.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I agree. I would loved for Harang to get the no-hitter but asking or even just letting him go for it when it meant a 150+ pitch outing in April could not have been in the best interest of either him o r his team.
    I always liked him and wish him well, other than when he faces the Reds.
    An early look at the schedule indicates Harang will pitch again on Wed and will miss the series with the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?