Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 4/19/14 - Reds @ Baby Bears

Re: 4/19/14 - Reds @ Baby Bears

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    What does what mean? You obviously understood the point the first time or you wouldn't have argued against it.

And ERA/W-L's to measure a pitcher (especially a reliever) is not very effective and does not do much to prove your already shaky argument.

And calling my comment "nonsensical" after first posting the snarky, "Get your glasses on, Mr. Magoo" while posting a link to his profile on BR (for ERA) is full of irony and made me laugh. I wouldn't dig any deeper.
    What does "Not sure I can recall anyone that has gotten more mileage in the bigs with less to show for it than this guy" mean. I didn't understand what you meant then nor now, prompting my response.

Your trashing of Logan Ondrusek was needless and uncalled for so you got snarked a little bit. What was the reaction you anticipated? High fives?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    What does "Not sure I can recall anyone that has gotten more mileage in the bigs with less to show for it than this guy" mean. I didn't understand what you meant then nor now, prompting my response.

Your trashing of Logan Ondrusek was needless and uncalled for so you got snarked a little bit. What was the reaction you anticipated? High fives?
    So you didn't understand, yet you've come to the conclusion that I was "trashing" him. Uhh, okay. And trashing? Seems a bit dramatic.

Regardless, it was "needless and uncalled for" (and kind of silly) to throw out the Mr. Magoo bit and then use ERA (and a rather weak ERA at that) to make your snarky point. Honestly, at first I thought you were being funny in a sarcastic kind of way. I then listed the numbers that show Ondrusek is at or near the bottom of all relief pitchers, to back up what I had posted about him being below average at his role. Nothing needless or uncalled for about that either. Just the basic facts and the numbers back that up.

This will be my last word on this. Your indignant outrage was then and is now unwarranted (and needless and uncalled for). Snark on.

There's absolutely no need to try to get the last word in - especially days after this game ended.

Turn Off Ads?