LF Problem Solved!!!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...-for-2015.html

May the Circle Be Unbroken!

Bring home the "Weapon of Mass Production!"

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-09-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: LF Problem Solved!!!

I hope he comes back and wins an MVP. I have a bunch of his rookie cards that I might be able to sell
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

He's not the guy I want to see come back. http://www.baseball-reference.com/ja...d=balent001wla
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

6. Likes:

Spider Tre (09-10-2014), TRF (09-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    He's not the guy I want to see come back. http://www.baseball-reference.com/ja...d=balent001wla
    Never understood why Walt gave up on this Wlad. The Reds needed a LF, and he did a decent job of htting in limited play, and was one of the better defenders. They chose Gomes instead. They gave up on Cantu too. Never understood that either.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Well, if we're being serious, I'd agree with that also. I wouldn't mind offering either a minor league contract and a spring trining invite. At worst, a possible RH bat candidate that is little-to-no risk unless they make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Never understood why Walt gave up on this Wlad. The Reds needed a LF, and he did a decent job of htting in limited play, and was one of the better defenders. They chose Gomes instead. They gave up on Cantu too. Never understood that either.
    I liked both dudes but I had no problem seeing them go. Cantu was a total butcher in the field, 1B was the place you could reasonably play him and we had just had just seen the debut of a guy named Joey Votto at that time.

I was a Wlad supporter and was bummed that he didn't get more a shot in 09 but what he is doing in Japan doesn't mean much to me, though I am glad for him.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Reds need to sign WMP to have him in the All Star HR contest.
    Last edited by klw; 09-09-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Chuck "She had a spastic colon."
    Ellie "Yuck."
    Chuck "I know. A girl that beautiful with a colon that spastic."

Haunted by walks

Maybe the Reds can rewrite his contract.

12. Likes:

pahster (09-09-2014), Roy Tucker (09-09-2014), Tom Servo (09-09-2014)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

It's very weird that he's only 32.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

14. Likes:

Mike Honcho (09-09-2014)

In the event someone is at work and cannot open the links, this thread is about Wily Mo Pena.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I would ABSOLUTELY bring WMP back, no doubt. Give him a chance, nothing to lose by trying. We need a LF, worth a shot IMO. All depends on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cantu out of the game at age 29, plenty there to understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    I would ABSOLUTELY bring WMP back, no doubt. Give him a chance, nothing to lose by trying. We need a LF, worth a shot IMO. All depends on the price.
    What a waste of a roster spot he would be

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cantu out of the game at age 29, plenty there to understand

- - - Updated - - -

What a waste of a roster spot he would be

If I did bring back WMP (doubtful). he wouldn't have a roster spot unless he earned it. Non-roster, ST invite only.

Turn Off Ads?