Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Braves Release James Russell

Braves Release James Russell

If he's willing to come home for cheap, I'd give him a shot. Not too long ago he was one of the better left handed relievers in the game. Could be this year's Manny Parra or Jeremy Affeldt.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (03-29-2015),Donder (03-29-2015),Edd Roush (03-29-2015),JayBruceFan (03-29-2015),mth123 (03-29-2015),OGB (03-29-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braves Release James Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    If he's willing to come home for cheap, I'd give him a shot. Not too long ago he was one of the better left handed relievers in the game. Could be this year's Manny Parra or Jeremy Affeldt.
    I'd go one better and give him a major league roster spot sight unseen, trade Parra for one of the many teams looking for lefty arms and find a way to plow the savings into a better position player for the bench.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I bet the Mets will be all over this guy.

Still, I'd give him a shot. Seems like the Braves have released a few pretty good RPs this offseason for no real reason.
    Last edited by JoshBresser; 03-29-2015 at 11:58 AM.

With Chapman, Cingrani, and Parra already set to make the 25 man and Dennick and Maholm on the outside looking in, I don't see the Reds adding another lefty.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

mbgrayson (03-29-2015)

Wheels are bout to come off.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I would agree. He's had control issues for awhile now. Relievers have a short shelf life, and he's been around awhile for a reliever.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Anyone who picks him up needs to find out whether he's more photogenic than his dad.

They also need to check whether there are any serial killers in his family.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'll bet he's better than Parra next year by a not insignificant margin.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Parra certainly strikes out significantly more batters than Russell.

Russel is more the LOOGY type.

Parra's a nice bounceback candidate. And he's on a cash-strapped team who's on the hook for him.

14. Likes:

marcshoe (03-29-2015),RedlegJake (03-30-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshBresser View Post
    I'll bet he's better than Parra next year by a not insignificant margin.
    I'd take that bet. And that's not necessarily a compliment to Parra....
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?