Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bill Henry, Early Reds closer passes away

Bill Henry, Early Reds closer passes away

Bill Henry, the closer from 60-64 passed away this month.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...enrybi01.shtml

I have one of his baseball cards, and he is on one of my historical PC Sim teams. 1960 All Star, 1961 WS pitcher. RIP.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bill Henry, Early Reds closer passes away

Very sorry to see this. I remember Henry and his bullpen partner and co-closer (though we never used the term then) Jim Brosnan very well. Very effective pair on the great Fred Hutchinson teams. May he rest in peace.

Really sorry to hear about this. Henry was a good reliever in an era where that might mean 1 inning or 5.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

I always hate to see when one of the members of the '61 pennant-winning team leaves us, since I feel like I got to know them so well by reading Jim Brosnan's great book, "Pennant Race."

Interestingly, a man named Bill Henry who had passed himself off as the major leaguer for 20 years died in 2007, causing a bit of confusion. Here's an article Rick Reilly wrote about it for Sports Illustrated:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...46/1/index.htm
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?