Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Gomez back to his self-admiration

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Carlos Gomez back to his self-admiration

Gomez barely did anything here. If he showboated for so long, explain the triple. The Pirates have been getting their feelings hurt about everything since Hurdle became manager. The guy who threw the haymaker at the end is going to get a lengthy suspension. Hopefully Cole misses a couple of starts at least. He instigated the entire thing.

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (04-20-2014),joshua (04-22-2014),lollipopcurve (04-21-2014),M2 (04-21-2014),mth123 (04-22-2014),RadfordVA (04-21-2014),RiverRat13 (04-21-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe Cole is just trying to make sure this isn't the first thing that comes on youtube when you search his name.

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-21-2014),bigredmechanism (04-21-2014),cincyinco (04-21-2014),M2 (04-21-2014),RadfordVA (04-21-2014),Red in Chicago (04-21-2014),Tom Servo (04-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    How many times are you gonna post this without saying why you are posting it?

7. Likes:

bigredmechanism (04-21-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    How many times are you gonna post this without saying why you are posting it?
    I'm convinced junkhead has broken his keyboard and never gotten a new one. All he can do is copy/paste responses/replies.

9. Likes:

Brutus (04-21-2014),cincyinco (04-21-2014),dubc47834 (04-21-2014),Larkin Fan (04-21-2014),RadfordVA (04-21-2014),Tom Servo (04-21-2014),Wonderful Monds (04-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    Are you trying to provoke me now? You are cute.
    Can you please provide some context behind the videos you post rather than simply copy and pasting them?

11. Likes:

cincyinco (04-21-2014),cumberlandreds (04-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Can you please provide some context behind the videos you post rather than simply copy and pasting them?
    Iīm not sure, but I think the way the hitter is throwing his bat away he thought the ball will go much further than he actually did..

I donīt have a problem with guys looking very long (especially if they hit a triple ) and I donīt really know why the pitchers get angry over it. But from time to time those brawls get the team and fanbasis going => it makes perhaps a rivalry which is good for everyone
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Junkhead catches a lot of flack (often deservedly so) but I'm one who thought this gif was pretty self explanatory. If nothing else, IMHO, it didn't deserve a negative response...but, whatever

Edited to add: I also understand that you're simply trying to do your job as moderator.
    Last edited by OGB; 04-21-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-21-2014)

I'm not exactly President of the Brandon Phillips fan club but to compare him and Gomez is a huge stretch in my opinion. I can't stand Gomez and it has nothing to do with playing with energy and fire. He acts like a tool all the time. Cole said something in the heat of the moment and Gomez could have acted like a normal person and just responded with words instead he immediately goes into WWE mode and starts a bench clearing brawl. He is a complete punk and is starting to create quite the history of starting stuff like this. I'm not one to say things like "act like you've been there before" but he goes above and beyond.

16. Likes:

jimbo (04-21-2014),Old school 1983 (04-21-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (04-21-2014),RedlegJake (04-21-2014),TSJ55 (04-21-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm not exactly President of the Brandon Phillips fan club but to compare him and Gomez is a huge stretch in my opinion. I can't stand Gomez and it has nothing to do with playing with energy and fire. He acts like a tool all the time. Cole said something in the heat of the moment and Gomez could have acted like a normal person and just responded with words instead he immediately goes into WWE mode and starts a bench clearing brawl. He is a complete punk and is starting to create quite the history of starting stuff like this. I'm not one to say things like "act like you've been there before" but he goes above and beyond.
    The amount of trash-talking / showboating that goes on in baseball is miniscule compared to virtually every other sport on the planet this side of PGA Golf.

If Gomez goes "above and beyond," I'd hate to hear your opinions of other professional athletes.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    If Gomez goes "above and beyond," I'd hate to hear your opinions of other professional athletes.
    I think it should be kept to just MLB. No reason to bring other sports into the mix since the tolerance level is much different. Some will not admit it or do not like it, but MLB has always had a different stance on these things amongst the players. Like it or not, it is the case. I like it b/c it helps tolerate the ME-ME-ME thing. I'd be curious to know the opinions here of the top-3 ME-ME-ME players in MLB.

19. Likes:

joshua (04-22-2014),TSJ55 (04-21-2014)

The amount of trash-talking / showboating that goes on in baseball is miniscule compared to virtually every other sport on the planet this side of PGA Golf.

It is all relative. MLB isn't the NFL and players act completely different. I don't really mind one way or the other I just get tired of the way Gomez acts because I do think he goes next level with it.

Another thing with Gomez yesterday is that after the game said he wasn't posing for a HR and that he flipped his bat in disgust because he thought he hit a long fly out. If you're going to act like Tommy Toughnuts because a pitcher told you to not pose at least have the balls to admit that you posed and if you don't have an issue with what you did be a man and own it don't act like you were posing because you were disappointed.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

22. Likes:

TSJ55 (04-21-2014)

I'm not sure what Cole was so mad about. Gomez made himself look like an idiot and possibly cost himself an inside the park homer.

I love showboating, but Gomez only hurt himself/his team there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I do not care for Gomez' attention seeking behavior, but this one's on Cole. Plus, at this point, attention seekers move on when you don't pay attention to their attention seeking behaviors. Cole must have missed that day in 1st Grade.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My problem with Gomez is, if you can't help yourself from showboating like that every time you hit a warning track shot, you have to absorb a little smack talk on the way back. He'd be cool if he just shook his head and smiled at Cole, but instead looks like a man-sized baby. Can't stand players like that.

26. Likes:

757690 (04-21-2014),alwaysawarrior (04-21-2014),kbrake (04-21-2014),OGB (04-21-2014),RedFanAlways1966 (04-21-2014)

Turn Off Ads?