Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: 4/21/14: Los Rojos @ Pirates

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: 4/21/14: Los Rojos @ Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I have a feeling they let a good reliever go in Pedro Beato. He seemed to do well in spring training and I would have to think he is better than Ondrusek and Hoover at this point. Oh well, the bullpen is the most volatile part of any baseball team. From one year to the next you never know what you may have. Heck, sometimes you don't know one day to the next. The Reds are probably going to have to do some revamping of the pen soon if this keeps up.
    I didn't see the end,thankfully. Why didn't Marshall pitch? He's back so why not use him? If he's still not healthy then he should not have been activated.
    Beato has faced 6 batters this year with Atlanta (one hit allowed) --- seems strange to me that he has been left to rot on their bench like that.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He managed Lou's and generally ran Seattle's.

This isn't a new skil set for him.
    No he didn't. He didn't decide who went in when. He wasn't the guy who went out and pulled the pitcher (most of the time). I don't know of ANY pitching coach who's done that. If I'm wrong, I apologize...I obviously didn't follow the M's...but its a rare occasion when a PC pulls the pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    No he didn't. He didn't decide who went in when. He wasn't the guy who went out and pulled the pitcher (most of the time). I don't know of ANY pitching coach who's done that. If I'm wrong, I apologize...I obviously didn't follow the M's...but its a rare occasion when a PC pulls the pitcher.
    Lou let Price run the staff.....literally.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This is absolutely true.

I think Smith sent Bruce because Cozart was up next. Cozart is up 2-0 and they basically are pitching around him but 2-0 to Cozart or Heisey might as well be 0-2. He hacked at a breaking ball and tried to hit up in the air but all he can do is pop up stuff in the air when he flails like he does.

I would have PH for Cozart.....and then maybe you do not have to PH for Leake. At least Leake faces Andrew.

Then as I said...I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Then as I said...I apologize.
    I prefer cash gifts.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

9. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I think Smith sent Bruce because Cozart was up next. Cozart is up 2-0 and they basically are pitching around him but 2-0 to Cozart or Heisey might as well be 0-2. He hacked at a breaking ball and tried to hit up in the air but all he can do is pop up stuff in the air when he flails like he does.

I would have PH for Cozart.....and then maybe you do not have to PH for Leake. At least Leake faces Andrew.
    I had zero problem with them sending Jay there. I like the aggressiveness. Force the defense to make a play. If he'd had a normal slide (leading foot touching the plate) then he would've been safe.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer cash gifts.
    No problem. Give me your bank account number and routing number...I'll forward it right away. :O) I promise I won't just post that info on facebook.

11. Likes:

jojo (04-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    That JB slide was awful.
    He apparently missed that day of practice in Little League. Last night was not the first time I've noticed him lifting up his leading leg and being out because of it.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Also, if the problem is that LeCure went 1.2 yesterday, then my question is what the heck are you doing using your only reliable relief pitcher multiple innings in an 8-0 game? Why are the few decent relievers we have NEVER available in close games?
    You have a point with LeCure, but I guess they wanted Marshall's first game to be a low pressure situation.
    Honestly, he didn't pitch very well in his debut, I'm glad the game wasn't on the line.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    He apparently missed that day of practice in Little League. Last night was not the first time I've noticed him lifting up his leading leg and being out because of it.
    that he did!
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?