Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dragons About To Be Sold For Record Sum

Dragons About To Be Sold For Record Sum

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...dayton-frisco/

Mandalay has reached preliminary agreements with buyers for Dayton (Midwest), the Frisco RoughRiders (Texas) and Oklahoma City RedHawks (Pacific Coast), several minor league sources confirmed. Dayton is Mandalay’s prized jewel, and the franchise that in 2011 broke a professional sports record for consecutive sellouts is expected to soon set a new high for a minor league franchise sale.

One minor league owner estimated the Dragons will sell for at least $40 million. Another minor league insider said that figure might be a bit high, but the team could still go in the mid- to high $30 million range.

“Either way, it’s going to be the biggest number (in minor league history),” the second source said.
    I believe the team will always be locked into the Reds due to territories, but I wonder if it will be ran any different?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dragons About To Be Sold For Record Sum

I have never understood what the secret was for Dayton. Why do they sale out everyday and what do they do different than other teams?
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    I have never understood what the secret was for Dayton. Why do they sale out everyday and what do they do different than other teams?
    I went to one game up there several years ago, and they have a quality product. They had very entertaining things going on between innings and the park is extremely nice. And any park that let's you sing along with SpongeBob Squarepants is definitely going to pack them in.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Probably because there isn't anything else to do in Dayton, besides going to Flyers/Dragons games.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

6. Likes:

757690 (04-25-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post

I believe the team will always be locked into the Reds due to territories, but I wonder if it will be ran any different?
    Big city. Few options. Great product (the minor leagues product isn't the on field product, but the environment of the game itself and Dayton is among the best in the game).

The Dragons are locked into a Reds affiliate unless they decide to let someone else take it over (they won't).

It was buzzing around the stadium tonight and all we had going on were a few high school games.

Turn Off Ads?