Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do the Reds struggle against the American League?

Re: Why do the Reds struggle against the American League?

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    4-7 now. The struggle is real. Reds being exposed this series. Yankees probably look at the Reds lineup and laugh
    I look at the Yankees SP and laugh too.....and their lineup is full of past their prime old players. They have nothing to laugh at at anybody.

No excuse to get beat like this with Phelps and McCarthy really....no matter how weak this lineup looks.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Affable Opponent

4-7 now. The struggle is real. Reds being exposed this series. Yankees probably look at the Reds lineup and laugh

In all fairness, you're facing the Yankees with a hobbled squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TDogg View Post
    In all fairness, you're facing the Yankees with a hobbled squad.
    Votto is not missed he has been bad this season, Phillips is definitely missed but the Yankees are supposed to suck and yet they look ALOT better than Cincinnati. They had 3 ERRORS yesterday and still won, that is just plain sad and shows they are still more talented. I dare say if they were in the NL they would make the playoffs comfortably

and the Yankees are pretty hobbled themselves and obviously look like they have a much more quality bench

Affable Opponent

Hey, you're a fan...say what you want about your team. I'm the last person to defend the Yankees.

4-8. Cleveland is probably gonna pummel us

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Votto is not missed he has been bad this season, Phillips is definitely missed
    So let me get this right, Joey Votto has been bad this season, but Phillips has been missed?

Joey Votto is hitting .259/.390/.399 to Phillips .272/.308/.390. So Joey Votto makes far fewer outs and slugs more, but isn't missed while Phillips who makes a lot more outs and slugs less is missed?

Votto has been vastly superior to Phillips offensively and it frankly isn't even a close debate.

9. Likes:

gilpdawg (07-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So let me get this right, Joey Votto has been bad this season, but Phillips has been missed?

Joey Votto is hitting .259/.390/.399 to Phillips .272/.308/.390. So Joey Votto makes far fewer outs and slugs more, but isn't missed while Phillips who makes a lot more outs and slugs less is missed?

Votto has been vastly superior to Phillips offensively and it frankly isn't even a close debate.
    I would take Phillips any day over Votto. Votto has yet to do jack squat in a playoff series or even register a hit in an all star game. Just not a prime time player

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would take Phillips any day over Votto. Votto has yet to do jack squat in a playoff series or even register a hit in an all star game. Just not a prime time player
    All-star game stats. Awesome. That's exactly what we should use to evaluate players who play 162 games in a season.

Brandon Phillips never gets his chance in the playoffs if it weren't for Joey Votto being so much better during the regular season. Phillips has stepped up in the playoffs, but yeah, it's 41 PA. Given that each guy has thousands as Reds players, or even hundreds in any given season, I certainly am not picking one because of 41 PA.

12. Likes:

gilpdawg (07-23-2014),RedlegJake (07-28-2014)

If I was talking baseball with someone and he used the All Star game in a serious manner to back up his argument.. It's time to just stop.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Look how much the Reds bench has struggled under Walt.

When you put one of those guys in the lineup as DH, it's basically the same as a pitcher hitting. AL Teams have deeper benches

Seems like most times the reds go against AL teams, they might have 7-8 lefties stacked against their righty SP'ers. Might help if they had a quality lefty starter.

tomorrow starts the biggest and most important series of the season. Hate Cleveland more than anyone else and they're an AL team so we'll see what happens but Jacobs field is a house of horrors for Cincinnati. They just can't win there

the hits just keep on coming against the AL

DH last night is/was hitting .000

Turn Off Ads?