Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trading either Cueto, Chapman, Leake, Latos or Bruce and when?

Re: Trading either Cueto, Chapman, Leake, Latos or Bruce and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    No, definitely not time to panic or throw in the towel. I think this team can turn things around. Look at what the Dodgers did last year.

We're fans though. We get frustrated. That's part of the fun.

Now that is definitely true! You'll get that any early criticism is panic on here. There is definitely a difference. Bring a fan is tough when things aren't going smoothly. That's for sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Now that is definitely true! You'll get that any early criticism is panic on here. There is definitely a difference. Bring a fan is tough when things aren't going smoothly. That's for sure.
    Yeah I've seen that.

Some people here take it really personally when you dare to give criticism to certain players as well.

It's baseball. That's been going on since Moses wore short pants. Some folks need to lighten up a bit.

"Some" people are not opposed to valid criticism if it comes with an idea or suggestion beyond "he sucks", "he walks too much", "he strikes out too much". Also remember you are fairly new to the board - almost every argument voiced on SunDeck has been nailed ad nauseum on ORG. Some topics pop up with regularity and are basically the exact same thing over and over - Joey Votto pro or con, old stats verses new metrics, value of strikeouts and walks, Kremchek and the medical staff, trades for great young players that no team in their right mind would trade (wouldn't it be great if we could get Stanton, Puig and Machado!!), Chapman pen/start, BP - good character or clubhouse problem, Baker and Choo (they are gone, get over it, or read one of the endless threads already existing). There is value added if you bring a fresh perspective or argument on any of these but hammering away repeatedly with the same argument causes problems - namely snark. People start replying with quips, even anger. Also thread de-railing. The last several posts have had nothing to do with the topic of the thread (including this one!).

SO back to point. I think it's way too early to think about trading any key player. With so many injuries, it gets harder to judge the team. You have to consider salary impact, too, going forward. If the Reds are floundering in late July, and 9 or 10 out, which key players might be dangled? Latos is first in my mind. He's young, has value but he needs to make it back from the DL with some pizzazz. I say Latos dependent on whether the Reds really feel they can sign him next year. Now is the time to decide that, while he still has value (if he comes back strong). I'm not sure Bruce would bring back something equivalent to his 30+ homers and solid defense. Chaoman won't get as much as some imagine - he is cast as a reliever for better or worse. Cueto is the true ace of this staff - but if they like Latos and think they can sign him, I do think Johnny would fetch a nice package. Leake is a solid pitcher but trade value? If a team surprised me with a big offer, sure. Given the injuries, though, my guess is here is no big move made whatever their record. Not at the deadline anyway.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?