Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cueto!!!

Re: Cueto!!!

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/reds...cueto/8929515/

The fastest pitch Johnny Cueto threw on Friday night was his 102nd -- a 97.8 mph fastball that Troy Tulowitzki grounded to third for the final out of the eighth inning, for his final out of the night.

That pitch was not only the fastest of the night, but it was close to the fastest he's ever thrown in the big leagues. The 97.8 is from BrooksBaseball.net which has him with a 97.8 mph fastball in 2008 and a 97.83 mph in 2011.

"Actually, I was just starting to get warm at that point," Cueto said according to assistant trainer Tomas Vera, serving as an interpreter. "It's the manager's decision, the manager decided I needed to come, I'd already thrown 97-plus pitches, so I came out."

2. Likes:

mdccclxix (05-11-2014),SirFelixCat (05-10-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I commend you, Mr. Arenado, for your 28 game hit streak. But tonight would have been a good night to choose for your off night to get some rest.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    One of my drinking and baseball buddies calls him "Quato, the ugly baby from Total Recall".

As the drinks begin disappearing in earnest, I'll usually join him. Quizzical looks from the other bar patrons ensue, as we both bleet "Quato!!" with every strike out.
    I want to party with you guys. I'll just gurgle, "Saaave Maaars..."
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 05-10-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

6. Likes:

wheels (05-10-2014)

I've said for a few years now that I think a healthy Cueto is, and has been for years, simply the best pitcher the Reds have - and I don't think it's close. In fact, in my mind he's as good as there is anywhere. He not only has good stuff, he really knows how to pitch. I think he pitches in the vein of Greg Maddux. I really like the other Reds starters too. What's not to like. It's the best group of starting pitchers the Reds have had in my years of fandom. But Cueto is the cream of the crop. I'm glad the Reds signed Bailey, and I hope that they can sign Latos. But I also hope that neither would be at the expense of being able to sign Cueto. Bailey, Latos, etc., are not Cueto, and in my opinion never will be. Again, if healthy (and he's not had any major health issues) there's Cueto and then there's everybody else in the Reds rotation.

8. Likes:

Fil3232 (05-14-2014),joshua (05-15-2014),mdccclxix (05-14-2014)

Reds really need to pick Cueto up. In fact, their whole staff deserves better. Blown save Cueto's last start + blown gem by Leake last night = this team needs to act right and get a win tonight!
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Reds really need to pick Cueto up. In fact, their whole staff deserves better. Blown save Cueto's last start + blown gem by Leake last night = this team needs to act right and get a win tonight!
    wish there was an easy answer --- but with Mes and Bruce out the options are thin
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Unbelievable again today

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Unbelievable again today
    Yep. 5 run cushion for Cueto. Even Johnny would say it's unbelievable.

He's a pretty good pitcher.

Get it done, Walt.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Could you imagine the love he would be betting nationally if he pitched in a big market? The man's ERA is under 1.30!!!!! This is insane, it's the best start to a season I have seen in my lifetime.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

16. Likes:

Cursh14 (05-15-2014),joshua (05-15-2014),Old school 1983 (05-16-2014)

I don't know exactly WHY I like looking at this chart, maybe I need to seek help, but I've followed ESPN's Cy Young Predictor for a few years now. It's clearly got some holes in it as you can see here. http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Cueto not even in the top 10. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't know exactly WHY I like looking at this chart, maybe I need to seek help, but I've followed ESPN's Cy Young Predictor for a few years now. It's clearly got some holes in it as you can see here. http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Cueto not even in the top 10. LOL.
    Nobody better tack that on Cueto's locker, he might eat the rest of the NL for breakfast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cy cueto.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	7155

You know, I felt bad for the lack of run support for Cueto until I saw Jeff Samardzija's numbers. Dude has 1.45 era and a 1.05 whip....he's 0-3. That's nuts.

(and thanks for the screen capture 1869...my laptop wasn't letting me do it for some odd reason)

It just underscores how stupid people are for weighing w-l so seriously in the voting. Hopefully that is changing. I think King Felix won it a few years back with a low win total. But Cueto, objectively, needs to get 18 wins minimum - UNFORTUNATELY.

That is, unless Reds fans make enough noise!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	7156

Turn Off Ads?