Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Need to hire somebody

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Need to hire somebody

I need to hire a salesman. I've run ads in the usual industry places as well as LinkedIn, and Craigslist, and haven't had much luck yet, just one resume that didn't pan out. Obviously I need to post the position somewhere that's going to get more responses. Is careerbuilder my best bet at this point?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need to hire somebody

Inside or outside sales?

What is the product(s)?

What kind of territory?

Definitely outside, well a mixture of outside and inside I guess. We're an expedited trucking company and we're looking to expand our customer base, so we're looking for sales people to talk to companies that need to ship expedited freight and expand our base of direct customers. Currently we do a lot of brokered freight. I'll be starting out with someone in Cincinnati and if things go well there I'll look for people in other metro markets.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Definitely outside, well a mixture of outside and inside I guess. We're an expedited trucking company and we're looking to expand our customer base, so we're looking for sales people to talk to companies that need to ship expedited freight and expand our base of direct customers. Currently we do a lot of brokered freight. I'll be starting out with someone in Cincinnati and if things go well there I'll look for people in other metro markets.
    Cool - what is the name of your company? I work at a distribution company, expedited freight is sometimes needed.

DeMaris Transportation. There's a link to our web site in my signature.

I broke down and spent the money for a listing on career builder and I received two resumes within 30 minutes of the listing being active.

8. Likes:

dougdirt (05-13-2014)

Good luck with your search. Finding good, dependable help is the absolute most important issue for a business if the business model etc. is sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Do you have any ratings you can query? Pacejet.com is the company I work for and we integrated pittohio, old dominion, etc as well as the big guys.

Well, I hired a young guy last week and he's starting this coming week. He has some sales experience and a decent working knowledge of the trucking industry. We've also been approved for a lease on a nice office/warehouse space in West Chester. I'm going to miss working from home, but we're at the size where we need to move into an office and start hiring help.

12. Likes:

dougdirt (05-30-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (05-30-2014), TeamCasey (05-30-2014)

My experience has LinkedIn and CareerBuilder being the best. Monster is garbage unless you're looking for insurance salesmen. I'll have to get my resume in, I don't think I've ever noticed your link in your sig LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Well, I hired a young guy last week and he's starting this coming week. He has some sales experience and a decent working knowledge of the trucking industry. We've also been approved for a lease on a nice office/warehouse space in West Chester. I'm going to miss working from home, but we're at the size where we need to move into an office and start hiring help.
    Congrats, BTW
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

15. Likes:

TeamCasey (05-30-2014)

ORH ..... congrats. I remember your first van.
    Pots and Kettles

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I'd be interested in hearing how it goes. And congrats!
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?