Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Hamilton Factor

Re: Billy Hamilton Factor

Ach Choo!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am here to talk baseball.

I am so tired of trying to give credit to someone else for something that another person did. Devin Mesoraco hit a baseball 375 feet and people are trying to give Billy Hamilton credit for it. No. Just no.
    Agreed. If you really want to talk about a Hamilton factor, bring up the infield hit and rushed throw that put him on third the other day. The Reds got a 1-0 lead thanks to a play where 99.9% of players would have been out.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

4. Likes:

REDREAD (05-21-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (05-20-2014),TRF (05-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ach Choo!
    Name:  3032-16142.gif
Views: 337
Size:  51.9 KB
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

6. Likes:

Brutus (05-18-2014),dougdirt (05-17-2014),Gapper (05-20-2014),Hoosier Red (05-19-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Paintmered wins today.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by junkhead View Post
    There is a saying that goes: "The more ignorant you are, the more daring you are."
    I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to imply here, but I will say this much: I don't always agree with Brutus, but I can promise you the one thing I do know, even when he is wrong (re: he disagrees with me), is that he isn't ignorant about the subject at hand.

9. Likes:

Brutus (05-18-2014),gilpdawg (05-18-2014),Hoosier Red (05-19-2014),Old school 1983 (05-18-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (05-20-2014)

There is a saying that goes: "The more ignorant you are, the more daring you are."
    You keep calling me ignorant and throwing this quote out like it's supposed to hurt my feelings. I don't shudder that people read this quote. I wouldn't have posted it if not. But it's a nice deflection for you, I suppose, to avoid the real subject at hand: your continual hijacking of threads.

You're free to think I'm ignorant. I won't lose any sleep over it. Just please stop bringing up Choo and we'll all be happy.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

11. Likes:

Larkin Fan (05-20-2014),westofyou (05-18-2014)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Why are you the way that you are?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    So the pitcher was worried about Hamilton stealing home?
    No, but mental fatigue from 1500 pick-off attempts in the inning probably played a role in that 88 mph BP fastball.

There is a saying that goes

"I used to think that we were forever ever
    And I used to say, "Never say never..."
    Uggg... so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you,"
    And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like,
    We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

- Shin Soo Choo to junkhead

15. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-18-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (05-20-2014),TOBTTReds (05-20-2014)

Hamilton's OBP now sits at exactly .300. Next stop, .350! I know, I know, baby steps. Really, really fast baby steps.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

17. Likes:

RedEye (05-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Hamilton's OBP now sits at exactly .300. Next stop, .350! I know, I know, baby steps. Really, really fast baby steps.
    I noticed that, too. If he could add just a little bit of power -- like .050 more -- we'd be really cooking!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am here to talk baseball.

I am so tired of trying to give credit to someone else for something that another person did. Devin Mesoraco hit a baseball 375 feet and people are trying to give Billy Hamilton credit for it. No. Just no.
    Anything that splits a pitcher's focus contributes to the next pitch he throws. anything.

To say that Hamilton does not split focus is to suggest that baseball is played in a vacuum. It isn't.

And still, Mesoraco has to get good wood on the ball and drive it. Hamilton had NOTHING to do with his swing. He MAY have had SOMETHING to do with how the pitch was thrown.

Just my opinion, and if asked, said pitcher would never admit to being distracted, but he likely was... just enough to keep a pitch that probably was supposed to be further inside down the middle of the plate.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Billy over the last 14 games: .291/.350/.432

I know, I have small sample size fever... but that's a pretty good line, no?

I do wish he weren't getting caught stealing quite so often though. 16 SB and 6 CS so far. That's not the type of % you want, I don't think.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

21. Likes:

Bob Borkowski (05-20-2014),Old school 1983 (05-20-2014)

Call me crazy but I would much rather have BH +high draft pick > Choo. No offense to Mr. Choo and what he did for us but the defensive difference between the two is sizable and not to be ignored

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Billy over the last 14 games: .291/.350/.432

I know, I have small sample size fever... but that's a pretty good line, no?

I do wish he weren't getting caught stealing quite so often though. 16 SB and 6 CS so far. That's not the type of % you want, I don't think.
    The SB at the major league level is an art. Billy looks like he's still got a little "run at will" in him that he got away with for so long in the minors. Once he learns pitchers, their moves, catchers, situations, all the other stuff that goes into selecting the best opportunity to run, I think you'll see his % go way up.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

24. Likes:

Chip R (05-20-2014)

Turn Off Ads?